14th November 2005
For example, extended range on oscillators and filters (which now goes up to self oscillation) - audio rate modulation is possible on the filter and oscillators which can be swept from bass up to treble ceiling while retaining low aliasing and without any other digital artifacts. The slave (audio) oscillators can be tuned ± 48 semitones with 1 cents accuracy from the master oscillator. This range aids in making sweeps that feel unconfined and lets your music breath. The modulation generator can be used as a third oscillator while routed to multiple destinations. A stereo delay unit with modulatable delay times will aid you in making interesting and atmospheric sounds.
In Performance: ABL Pro is mainly designed to be used as monophonic sequenced type of instrument. However it can be played polyphonically, or polyphonically sequenced. The instrument comes with a variety of patches: sequenced, polyphonic, monophonic, fx, etc.
CV Routing: Most modules send or accept control voltage (CV) which means the signal path can be modified in real time without any glitches in the audio. Sequencer has CV Gate/Note output and can be used when playing ABL Pro in Note mode, monophonic- or polyphonically.
AUX signal processing: ABL Pro can process external signals, for example through its filter. The AUX envelope follower outputs CV which allows you to patch up interesting effects. Even limiter and compression type of effects can be achieved.
VCF: The instrument contains a self oscillating filter with tracking and filter modulation from oscillators, and has a 22kHz range (at 44.1kHz sampling rate).
Tight Envelopes: The envelopes are snappy and evaluated every sample (i.e. no approximations).
- Full range oscillators with no aliasing.
- Non-linear filter with self oscillation and VCF tracking.
- Can be used to process external signals, for example through the VCF.
- Stereo Delay unit with modulatable delay time (left & right).
- 32-voice polyphonic mode.
- Patch cable system that allows additional CV routing.
- 500+ preset patches and sequences.
- 2 Voltage controlled oscillators with sawtooth, square wave, pulse, triangle and sinus waveforms.
- 1 Voltage controlled noise generator.
- 1 Modulation Generator with Audio Output, which can be used as 3rd VCO.
- 1 Voltage controlled filter (3 filter types, 18dB, 24dBSO and 24dBSO 2xoversampled).
- 2 Envelope generators (Main envelope generator and volume envelope generator), with voltage control.
- Oscillation operator unit (ring and sync between oscillators).
- Noise generator with variable color.
- 1 Envelope follower for AUX signals.
- 2 Inverter modules.
- 2 Attenuators, one with lag output.
- 1 Sequencer with CV Note/Gate output and gate outputs for Slide and Accent.
- 7 octave range.
- 64 steps x 128 patterns.
- Effects per step: Accent, Slide, Transpose up & down.
- Prescale per pattern: 1/16, 1/32, 1/16T and 1/8T.
Many of the features from ABL are still there:
- Internal pattern sequencer.
- User skinable.
- Full MIDI CC control with learning function.
- Rebirth pattern import.
- Freebee pattern import/export.
- Two MIDI modes (Pattern and Note).
Bass Line Pro will initially be available in the VST format for Windows and Mac OS X with an AU version to follow. Pricing is yet to be announced but registered ABL users will obtain a cross-grade offer.
26 Apr 2010 AudioRealism Bass Line (ABL) updated to v2.5
04 Apr 2008 AudioRealism releases BassLine (ABL) v2.1.0
18 Sep 2007 AudioRealism updates ADM to v1.0.1
17 Jan 2007 AudioRealism releases Bass Line 2
21 Nov 2006 AudioRealism announces Drum Machine
14 Nov 2006 AudioRealism announces Bass Line 2
17 Jan 2006 AudioRealism releases Bass Line Pro
14 Nov 2005 AudioRealism announces Bass Line Pro