AudioSpillage has released Elecktroid, a drum machine AU plugin for Mac OS X combining both drum synthesis and sample playback facilities.
Elecktroid blends synthesis and sample playback facilities in a simple integrated package. Combine the depth and power of drum synthesis alongside your existing sample collections and sync both to a brand new rhythm oriented step sequencer.
Inside Elecktroid you'll find 4 exclusive drum synthesis models: BassDrum, WoodDrum, HiHat and Snare. The drum synths are 100% algorithmic and utilise high quality DSP code for a deep, powerful and punchy sound.
Elecktroid also features a high quality low CPU sample playback engine. Quickly load your existing sample collection into Elecktroid via the drag and drop interface. Elecktroid offers velocity cross-fading facilities between 2 samples per pad and accepts WAV, AIFF and CAF format files.
The new rhythm-oriented step-sequencer knits the package together offering custom track lengths and step trigger probability controls on every track. Elecktroid's sequencer is a resolution-independent design so patterns play at the correct tempo regardless of step length (e.g. 16th, 32nd). The sequencer also features graphic velocity and parameter control graph editing.
- 8 drum pads.
- 8 sequencer tracks.
- 24 MIDI playable patterns.
- Full velocity and parameter control graph editing.
- Assign trigger-probability value to any sequencer step.
- Humanize and groove quantize control.
- 4 drum synthesis models (BassDrum, SnareDrum, WoodDrum and Hi-Hat).
- 1 sample and 1 drum synth per pad.
- Or 2 samples per pad (without the synth).
- Velocity cross-fade between sample and synth (or between 2 samples).
- 8 sound outputs.
- Distortion, filter and lo-fi FX on each pad.
- 2 LFOs (6 waveforms) per pad.
- 3 ADSR envelopes per pad.
- 64-bit DSP processing.
Pricing and Availability
Elecktroid is available now as a Mac OS X AudioUnit plugin for a discounted introductory price of £35 / €45 / $55 (20% discount).