Auphonic has released Auphonic Leveler, a Desktop Batch Audio File Processor for Windows and Mac OS X.
The Auphonic Leveler analyzes audio content and corrects level differences between speakers, between music and speech and between multiple audio files to achieve a balanced overall loudness. It includes a True Peak Limiter and targets for common Loudness Standards (EBU R128, ATSC A/85, Podcasts, Mobile, etc.).
The Adaptive Leveler uses machine learning techniques to balance loudness variations between segments in one file:
- Music, background and speech segments are classified.
- Loudness differences between speakers are corrected and dynamic range compression is applied.
- Music segments are processed with care: the overall loudness will be comparable to speech, but the natural dynamics are not changed as in speech segments.
- Background segments (noise, wind, breathing, silence etc.) won't be amplified.
- Most suitable for speech or radio-like programs.
A Discounted License is available for 69$ (usable on Windows and Mac OS X) and a Commercial License (for companies, valid for up to 5 users) for 369$.
For more information, all features and audio examples visit auphonic.com/leveler.