23rd January 2014
Avid today announced Sibelius 7.5 software, continuing the development of their music composition and notation software. For composers, arrangers, music publishers, students, and educators, Sibelius 7.5 provides even more ways to express, accelerate, and promote creativity than ever before.
"With Sibelius 7.5, composers can create professional scores more quickly and deliver higher quality, inspiring content," said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of products and services at Avid. "Sibelius continues to provide the fastest, smartest, easiest way for professionals and students to write music for live performance, film and television, and media entertainment."
Today's composers are under relentless pressure to turn around completed scores faster than ever before, as the complexity of projects continues to rise and deadlines become ever tighter. Sibelius 7.5 provides new features that accelerate workflows, allowing composers to focus on the creative process and produce more compelling scores, more efficiently.
New features in Sibelius 7.5 include:
- Accelerated navigation—The new Timeline window allows for a quick view of the entire structure of a score for faster editing and playback, no matter how large or complex the score; composers can jump immediately to any section by clicking on any bar in the timecode ruler or on any landmark.
- More expressive playback—The fully redesigned Espressivo 2.0 feature delivers complete control over the customization of the rhythmic feel of any individual part of the score, plus improved notation interpretation adds more expressive and realistic feel, and can be customized for swing rhythms.
- Improved notation interpretation—Sibelius playback has been greatly enhanced, providing better interpretation of notation distinctions such as tempo markings, metric emphasis, grace notes, mordents, caesuras, and breath marks; composers can now hear every nuance of their score played back in realistic detail, without having to hire an expensive orchestra.
- Easy collaboration and sharing—Sibelius 7.5 enables enhanced collaboration and distribution of compositions through innovative score sharing and social media features; scores can be shared through email, uploaded and published as sheet music on ScoreExchange.com, or shared as video or audio files on YouTube, Facebook, and SoundCloud.
- Full Scorch app integration—Sibelius scores can be exported directly to Avid Scorch on iPad for fully interactive playback, practice, performance, and publishing; Sibelius automatically optimizes the score for iPad display, paying special consideration to page orientation, number of staves, margin sizes, and more.
- Localized for Brazil and Russia—Sibelius 7.5 includes local language support for Russian and Brazilian Portuguese in addition to English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese.
Availability and Pricing
Sibelius 7.5 will be available worldwide in February 2014. Pricing will be as follows:
- Sibelius 7.5 (full version)—$599.95 USD, €486.56 exc. VAT, or £479.95 inc. VAT.
- Sibelius 7 to 7.5 upgrade—$49.95 USD, €41.18 exc. VAT, or £39.95 inc. VAT.
- Sibelius Legacy upgrade (v6 and earlier)—$149.95 USD, €116.81 exc. VAT, or £119.95 inc. VAT.
- Sibelius competitive upgrade—$199.95 USD, €158.82 exc. VAT, £159.95 inc. VAT.
24 Jan 2014 Avid releases Space AAX for Pro Tools 11
23 Jan 2014 Avid announces Sibelius 7.5
22 Jan 2014 Avid updates Pro Tools to v11.1.2
18 Jul 2013 Avid releases EuControl Version 3.0
28 Jun 2013 Avid releases Pro Tools 11
09 Apr 2013 Avid announces Pro Tools 11
07 Jan 2013 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.3.3
18 Oct 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.3.2
04 Oct 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.3.1
27 Sep 2012 Avid updates Sibelius to v7.1.3
14 Sep 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.3
22 May 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.2 for Win & Mac
27 Apr 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools for Mac to v10.1.3