14th January 2011
Avid has announced version 2.0 of the Torq DJ software.
Torq 2.0 DJ software takes you beyond basic beat matching and into the future of DJ performance and production, according to Avid. Don't just spin tracks - reinvent them. Take advantage of all four decks to create complex, dynamic mixes. Use the new Traq Morph feature to go beyond crossfading and transition between tracks in exciting new ways. Develop your own sound using high-quality, innovative effects and a powerful built-in sampler.
You can combine Torq 2.0 with a variety of popular DJ controllers and audio hardware - or run the software on its own. Completely re-architected for rock-solid stability and peak performance, Torq 2.0 gives you unlimited ways to wreak havoc on the dance floor, in the studio, and beyond.
New features in Torq 2.0 include:
- Four virtual decks with EQ, level control, headphone cueing and crossfade--enable customers to play four tracks at once to create unique, complex and dynamic mixes.
- Traq Morph technology--patent pending innovation blends music tracks in exciting new ways by intelligently applying audio effects during crossfade.
- Open, flexible workflows--provide DJs with the flexibility to use the software with M-Audio Xponent and Conectiv DJ and third-party hardware, or stand-alone without any hardware at all.
- Updated user interface and database--gives users the ability to sort through tens of thousands of tracks, including Apple iTunes Store libraries, to quickly create distinctive mixes.
- 13 built-in effects and VST effect support--enable customers to reinvent sound by stacking up to four simultaneous built-in effects and one VST effect per deck, allowing for up to 20 effects at once.
- Advanced recording options--empower DJs with the ability to capture their entire performance with an integrated performance recorder for distribution or editing. As a result of ReWire, they can also create, mix and record with Pro Tools or third-party DAWs, bringing their DJ performance to the studio environment.
Pricing and Availability
Torq 2.0 will be available worldwide via digital download on February 8th, 2011, for $249.99 / €189 / £159.95 (excl. VAT/Tax). The boxed version of Torq 2.0 will be available later in Q1.
A sneak peek preview version is already available for download.
24 Jan 2014 Avid releases Space AAX for Pro Tools 11
23 Jan 2014 Avid announces Sibelius 7.5
22 Jan 2014 Avid updates Pro Tools to v11.1.2
18 Jul 2013 Avid releases EuControl Version 3.0
28 Jun 2013 Avid releases Pro Tools 11
09 Apr 2013 Avid announces Pro Tools 11
07 Jan 2013 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.3.3
18 Oct 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.3.2
04 Oct 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.3.1
27 Sep 2012 Avid updates Sibelius to v7.1.3
14 Sep 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.3
22 May 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.2 for Win & Mac
27 Apr 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools for Mac to v10.1.3
24 Jan 2013 Focusrite d2/d3 AAX Now Available
27 Jul 2009 M-Audio updates Torq to v1.5.2
03 Mar 2009 M-Audio updates Torq DJ software to v1.5.1
30 Dec 2008 M-Audio releases Torq v1.5 DJ Software
16 Jul 2008 M-Audio updates Torq to v1.0.7