30th October 2009
Avid has updated Sibelius to v6.1.
- Windows 7 and Snow Leopard compatible: Write scores on the world's newest, fastest operating systems.
- Magnetic Layout improved for slurs and articulations: Magnetic slurs have always snapped to notes, automatically adjusting their angle to follow the contour of the notes, and adjusting the positions of their end points to allow for articulations. Now, thanks to Magnetic Layout, slurs automatically avoid collisions with items anywhere under their arc, saving you even more time.
- Improvements in repeats playback: Sibelius's playback of repeat structures is now even more flexible: choose whether or not repeats should be played again after a D.C./D.S. jump, or even specify a completely custom order for the bars of your score to be played back.
- Use HyperControl on M-Audio Axiom Pro keyboard controllers: Sibelius 6 is now compatible with HyperControl, the MIDI mapping technology used in M-Audio Axiom Pro controller keyboards. HyperControl automatically maps the knobs, faders, drum pads and numeric keypad buttons on the keyboard to playback, Mixer and note input controls in Sibelius, via a two-way link that ensures the keyboard's controls are always in sync with the settings in Sibelius. The Axiom Pro's LCD display constantly updates to show the current values, to ensure seamless editing and prevent parameter jumps.
- Live Tempo tap points: Live Tempo intelligently follows your input, just like a real ensemble, and now it's possible to specify tap points that help Sibelius interpret your conducting. By marking in the score where you are going to tap, you can employ complex conducting techniques such as melded beats (where the conductor combines two or more time-beating gestures into one long sustained gesture that has a duration equal to the combined beats), and Sibelius will follow you every step of the way.
- Engraving improvements for tuplets, articulations: Tuplets and articulations are now positioned more intelligently than ever, providing sophisticated control over appearance that meets the requirements of the world's leading music publishers.
- Improvements in MusicXML import: It's easier than ever to switch from another notation program: improved MusicXML import means that there's less cleaning up of scores imported from Finale and other programs.
18 Jul 2013 Avid releases EuControl Version 3.0
28 Jun 2013 Avid releases Pro Tools 11
09 Apr 2013 Avid announces Pro Tools 11
07 Jan 2013 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.3.3
18 Oct 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.3.2
04 Oct 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.3.1
27 Sep 2012 Avid updates Sibelius to v7.1.3
14 Sep 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.3
22 May 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.2 for Win & Mac
27 Apr 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools for Mac to v10.1.3
12 Apr 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.1.2 for Win & Mac
10 Apr 2012 Avid updates Sibelius to v7.1.2