23rd April 2004
Galaxy Steinway 5.1 features a Steinway Grand Piano recorded at one of the world's most up-to-date and technically advanced studios - Galaxy Studios in Belgium. Recorded in 24-bit /48Khz in Galaxy Hall (size 320 square meters, 8 meters room height) via Neve Capricorn digital console directly to ProTools. Microphones used include: close miking with 5 Bruel & Kjaer mics, room mics from Neumann plus SPL / Brauner Atmos system for the 5.1 recording of the grand piano. Separate microphone for the LFE channel.
- Optimized for full 5.1 surround sound, although you can choose to load a subset (front L/R).
- Mapped in whole tones, with ten velocity layers to provide a natural sound quality over the whole dynamic range.
- Sample length up to 40 seconds, no loops.
- Approximately 6.5 Gigabytes of audio samples.
Galaxy Steinway 5.1 is available as a VST, DX, AU* & RTAS* plug-ins for £166 GBP / €249 EUR RRP. The sound library can also be loaded into Native Instruments Kontakt v1.5+.
* A free update for Mac OS X compatibility is available to download
10 May 2013 Best Service updates Engine to v2.1.1
26 Apr 2012 Best Service announces 2 For 1 Promotion
08 Oct 2011 Best Service releases Chris Hein Horns Compact
04 Jul 2011 Best Service releases Klanghaus
30 Jun 2011 Best Service releases Synth-Werk plug-in
25 May 2012 Galaxy Instruments updates Galaxy X to v1.1
16 Aug 2004 EastWest August 2004 Offers