15th September 2005
Biolabs Absynth Research Sounds offers over 380 presets for Absynth and includes a 300MB specially-created sample library. The sounds have been programmed by Biomechanoid, a well respected sound designer and one of the principle authors of the Absynth factory sounds.
Biolabs Absynth Research takes full advantage of Absynth 3's advanced features, including sample playback, granular synthesis and surround sound. Every preset has at least four specially selected controllers, to give you fast access to the most important parameters. These can be used to mix, morph and mutate the sounds providing an enormous range of sounds.
The library includes three volumes of 128 sounds, which can also be purchased separately. Bio Synthesis is a collection of innovative bread and butter basses, leads, pads and synths. Bio Rhythmics offers a range of loops which you can mix in realtime using the specially programmed controllers. Bio SFX and Atmospheres, unsurprisingly, is a collection of superior special effects and atmospheres, perfect for film and TV soundtrack work.
Biolabs sounds can be purchased for US$99 (plus VAT for EU residents - EU€93 / GB£65). If you prefer you can buy each bank separately for US$39.95 (plus VAT for EU residents - EU€35 / GB£24). The website also provides demo MP3s and a bank of 30 free presets, to give you a taste of what's on offer.
- Takes advantage of Absynth 3's advanced features including sample playback, granular synthesis and surround sound.
- Rapid access parameters per patch - perfect for live tweaking.
- All presets sub-categorized.
- Available on CD as well as via download.
- 300 MB specially recorded sample library.
- 128 basses, leads, pads and synths - bio:synthesis.
- 128 special effects and atmospheres - bio:sfx+atmospheres.
- 128 rhythmic loops - bio:rhythmics.