This release mainly brings new plug-ins to the bundle (dual channel EQ, stereo phaser), as well as completely redesigned versions of the existing plug-ins: new user interfaces, a new presets management system, new MIDI and automation mapping capabilities, many new presets, Windows AAX support, and more (details below).
The plug-ins are available for download for free as a single bundle or separately on www.bluecataudio.com, in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats (32 and 64-bit).
- A dual channels EQ is now included in Blue Cat's Triple EQ, with both left/right and mid/side capabilities.
- The stereo version of Blue Cat's Phaser is now free and included.
Streamlined plug-ins collection:
- plug-ins have been grouped together for simpler install and usage.
- New user interface.
- New integrated presets manager:
- Load/save presets from the plug-in's user interface.
- Organize presets with folders.
- Customize the default preset.
- Exchange presets easily.
- Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter.
- Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface.
- AAX plug-in format is now also supported on Windows.
- Plug-in names have been shortened for a clearer display in mixer view for most host applications.
- The plug-ins now appear in the appropriate category in Pro Tools ("Dynamics", "EQ" or "Modulation").
- Changed the default VST install path on Windows.
- Improved default response curve for automation and MIDI control.
- Added new presets.
- Improved value display in fine edit window.
- Improved user manual.
Optimizations and Performance Improvements:
- Reduced VST plug-ins loading time.
- Improved parameters precision (now stored as 64-bit).
- More compact presets format (uses less space and loads faster).
- Smaller binaries on Mac (dropped PowerPC support).
- Fixed presets-related crashes in Cubase on Mac.
- Fixed user interface display issues in Wavelab 7 on Mac.
- Intel Mac running Mac OS X Lion (10.7), Snow Leopard (10.6), or Leopard (10.5).
- PC running Windows 7, Vista or XP.
20 Mar 2014 Blue Cat Audio Updates 8 Audio Plug-Ins