Blue Cat's Liny EQ is an 8 bands linear phase graphic equalizer with very low latency and comprehensive visual feedback: it processes audio signals without phase distortion, with an unusually short latency (less than 3 milliseconds). Version 5.0 has now a brand new, fully customizable user interface, and includes many new features and enhancements: premium visual feedback with EQ curves, spectrum and spectrogram displays, new EQ shapes, single and dual channels modes, a new presets manager, Windows AAX support, multiple display sizes, new MIDI and automation mapping capabilities, and much more (full list below).
The plug-in is available alone or as part of Blue Cat's Master Pack, a bundle including the company's recommended plug-ins for mastering.
- Brand new, fully customizable user interface:
- New look and feel.
- Show/hide what you need.
- New EQ curve display.
- New instant spectrum curves display.
- New color or greyscale overlayed spectrogram view.
- New output peak levels meters.
- Multiple display sizes.
- Improved readability.
- Animated transitions.
- New "mix" parameter for instant dry/wet control or side chain dynamic equalization.
- New interpolation mode for up to four different EQ shapes.
- Now includes both single and dual channels versions and supersedes the three plug-ins previously included in the Blue Cat's Liny EQ Pack bundle.
- Spectrum and spectrogram displays can be frozen to capture spectral snapshots.
- New integrated presets manager:
- Load/save presets from the plug-in's user interface.
- Organize presets with folders.
- Customize the default preset.
- Exchange presets easily.
- Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter (in and out).
- Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface.
- AAX plug-in format is now also supported on Windows (Pro Tools 10.2 required).
- Different EQ shapes can now be selected for each channel.
- New presets to get started faster.
- The windows installer now automatically detects the most appropriate VST install path.
- License is now shared between plug-ins types (register only once for all formats).
- Improved value display in fine edit window.
- Improved parameters display on control surfaces.
Optimizations and Performance Improvements:
- Improved parameters precision (now stored as 64-bit).
- More compact presets format (uses less space and loads faster).
- Smaller binaries on Mac (dropped PowerPC support).
- (RTAS) Fixed parameters control with EUCON control surfaces in Pro Tools.
- Fixed user interface issues in Final Cut Pro X.
- Fixed user interface display issues in Wavelab on Mac.
- Fixed keyboard stealing issue in Digital Performer 7 on Mac.
- Fixed copy/paste keyboard shortcut issues in the registration panel on Mac.
Note: this new version can be installed side by side with the previous version for backward compatibility reasons. Installing this new version won't break previous projects.
- Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.5 or newer.
- PC running Windows XP or newer.
- Blue Cat's Liny EQ 5: €74 or $96 (instead of €99 or $129), until June 15th.
- Upgrade from Blue Cat's Liny EQ 4: €19 or $25.
- Blue Cat's Master Pack: €390 or $509 (instead of €459 or $599), until June 15th.
Demo versions are available for download on www.bluecataudio.com, in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats, for both Mac and PC (32 and 64-bit).