Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer is a unique plug-in that splits the signal into several frequency bands and lets the user mix and process them as if they were separate tracks. In addition to the ability to host up to 4 VST plug-ins per band and thus transform a regular plug-in into a frequency-aware processor, Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer has now a new modular user interface, with additional features and enhancements: a spectrogram display, a new presets manager, multiple display sizes, new MIDI and automation mapping capabilities, and more (full list and overview video below).
- New, fully customizable user interface:
- New look and feel.
- Show only what you need.
- New color or greyscale overlayed spectrogram view.
- Multiple display sizes.
- Customizable gain range.
- Improved readability.
- Animated transitions.
- Multiband VST Hosting:
- Apply VST effects to a selected frequency range.
- Add up to 4 VST plug-ins on each band.
- Pre and post fader plug-ins slots.
- Integrated latency compensation engine, with real time host reporting.
- Optional undo/redo integration.
- VST Presets Management.
- Bypass inserted plug-ins individually.
- New integrated presets manager:
- Load/save presets from the plug-in's user interface.
- Organize presets with folders.
- Customize the default preset.
- Exchange presets easily.
- Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter (in and out).
- Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface.
- New presets to get started faster.
- The windows installer now automatically detects the most appropriate VST install path.
- License is now shared between plug-ins types (register only once for all formats).
- Improved value display in fine edit window.
- Improved parameters display on control surfaces.
- Optimizations and Performance Improvements:
- Improved parameters precision (now stored as 64-bit).
- More compact presets format (uses less space and loads faster).
- Smaller binaries on Mac (dropped PowerPC support).
- (RTAS) Fixed parameters control with EUCON control surfaces in Pro Tools.
- Fixed user interface issues in Final Cut Pro X.
- Fixed keyboard stealing issue in Digital Performer 7 on Mac.
- Fixed copy/paste keyboard shortcut issues in the registration panel on Mac.
Note: this new version can be installed side by side with the previous version for backward compatibility reasons. Installing this new version won't break your previous projects.
- Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.5 or newer.
- PC running Windows XP or newer.
- Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer 2: €74 / $96 (instead of €99 / $129), until September 30th.
- Upgrade from Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer 1: €19 / $25.
- Blue Cat's MB Dynamix Pack: €207 / $271 (instead of €259 / $339), until September 30th.
- Blue Cat's Energy Pack: €279 / $367 (instead of €349 / $459), until September 30th.
- Blue Cat's All Plug-ins Pack: €799 / $1039 (instead of €999 / $1299), until September 30th.
A special introduction price is offered to new customers until September 30th: 20% off the plug-in and related bundles. Customers who recently purchased the software (in the past 2 months) will receive the upgrade for free, and others can upgrade to the new version for a small fee. Other existing Blue Cat Audio customers can purchase the plug-in with 40% discount.
Overview Video: Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer 2.0 Overview Video
20 Mar 2014 Blue Cat Audio Updates 8 Audio Plug-Ins