This new version brings a brand new user interface with much more visual feedback (including RMS metering, attenuation history, loudness boost measurement, improved readability), as well as many new features and enhancements: a new presets manager, new MIDI and automation mapping capabilities, new presets, Windows AAX support, and much more (details below).
The plug-in is available alone or as part of several bundles. New customers can purchase the single plug-in with 25% off, or the "Blue Cat's Energy Pack" dynamics processing bundle with 15% off during three weeks, while existing customers can upgrade to the new version for a small fee. Demo versions can be downloaded on www.bluecataudio.com, in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats (32- and 64-bit).
What's new in Blue Cat's Protector 2.0
- Brand new fully customizable user interface.
- New gain reduction history display.
- New input and output RMS meters.
- The meters can now be zoomed to improve their precision.
- New average loudness boost meter.
- New DC Filter to kill DC offset.
- New integrated presets manager:
- Load/save presets from the plug-in's user interface.
- Organize presets with folders.
- Customize the default preset.
- Exchange presets easily.
- Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter.
- Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface.
- AAX plug-in format is now also supported on Windows.
- Improved the algorithms for increased precision of the limiter.
- Side chaining made easy: the MIDI and automation side chaining capabilities can now be fully configured within the main user interface.
- Plug-in name has been shortened for a clearer display in mixer view for most host applications.
- The plug-in now appears in the "Dynamics" category in Pro Tools.
- Changed the default VST install path on Windows.
- License is now shared between plug-ins type (register only once for all formats).
- Added new presets.
- Improved value display in fine edit window.
- Optimizations and Performance Improvements:
- Reduced VST plug-in loading time.
- Improved parameters precision (now stored as 64-bit).
- More compact presets format (uses less space and loads faster).
- Smaller binaries on Mac (dropped PowerPC support).
- Fixed presets-related crashes in Cubase on Mac.
- Fixed user interface display issues in Wavelab on Mac.
- Fixed MIDI output for 64-bit VST version.
- Intel Mac running Mac OS X Lion (10.7), Snow Leopard (10.6), or Leopard (10.5).
- PC running Windows 7, Vista or XP.
- Blue Cat's Protector: €59 or $74 (instead of €79 or $99).
- Upgrade from Blue Cat's Protector 1: €15 or $19.
- Blue Cat's Energy Pack: €296 or $390 (instead of €349 or $459).