Blue Cat Audio has released an update of its flagship audio analysis plug-ins. The new versions mainly bring output data refresh rate customization to improve MIDI or automation output for smoother side chaining, new trigger mode for the oscilloscope, note display for spectrum analyzers, pan law selection for stereoscopes, performance improvements on Mac and more (details available below).
These audio analysis tools are available as a single bundle (Blue Cat's Analysis Pack) or separately, in VST, RTAS, DirectX or Audio Unit formats for Windows and Mac OS X, for both 32 and 64-bit architectures. The bundle contains a versatile audio level meter, spectrum and stereo field analyzers with 3D viewing capabilities, and a multiple tracks oscilloscope.
Demo versions are available for download and the site offers many tutorials to get started with these plug-ins on various hosts and platforms. This update is free for existing customers.
What's new for all plug-ins:
- Output data rate (for analysis curves, output MIDI CC or automation) can now be customized, from 20 to 500 Hz.
- Increased the default output data rate (from 20 to 50 Hz) for smoother side chaining and improved meters precision.
- Windows: improved settings dialog loading time.
- Mac: user interface performance improvements (up to 30% lighter on CPU).
What's new for Blue Cat's Digital Peak Meter Pro:
- All meters can now be reset with a single button.
- Envelope graphs can now be zoomed.
What's new for the FreqAnalyst Series plug-ins:
- Note value for the current mouse location is now displayed, in addition to the frequency.
What's new for Blue Cat's Oscilloscope Multi:
- New trigger mode: the oscilloscopes can now be synced using a trigger, based on the value and direction of the incoming audio signal.
What's new for the StereoScope Series:
- Several pan laws can now be selected to match user preferences.
- StereoScope Pro: the center position is now displayed with numbers in addition to the graphical meter.