Blue Cat Audio has released a new version of its dynamics processing audio plug-ins, Blue Cat's Dynamics and Blue Cat's Protector. These new versions add RTAS plug-in format support for Pro Tools (Mac and Win), 64-bit support for DirectX and VST versions under Windows x64, and 64-bit Audio Units support under Mac OS X Snow Leopard (for Logic 9.1 users running in 64-bit mode). These new versions also include several fixes and enhancements such as improved side chain support in Logic Pro.
- Blue Cat's Dynamics is an all-in-one dynamics processor that can act as a compressor, expander, limiter, gate or waveshaper. It offers advanced stereo and mid/side modes as well as several envelope detection algorithms.
- Blue Cat's protector is a brickwall limiter with very simple controls to protect the output of your Digital Audio Workstation or increase the perceived volume of your tracks.
The upgrade to the new version is free for registered users.
What's new in Blue Cat's Dynamics 3.1 and Blue Cat's Protector 1.2:
- RTAS plugin format support for Pro Tools (Mac and Windows).
- 64-bit applications support for Windows DX and VST under Windows x64.
- Mac AU 64-bit format support (compatible with 64-bit Logic 9.1 on Snow Leopard).
- Space bar does not trigger plug-in buttons anymore (avoids conflict with transport control in most applications).
- Demo version now displays a nag screen only once per session, and only when opening the user interface of the plug-in.
- Fixed MIDI learn issues.
- Windows 7: fixed hand cursor that displayed a green square under the hand symbol.
- Mac: fixed user interface crashes in some hosts under Snow Leopard.
- Mac: fixed keyboard/mouse focus issues in some hosts.
- Mac: fixed multiple screens issue.
- Mac-AU: fixed user interface resizing issue when changing skin in some hosts (Logic).
- Mac-AU: fixed settings lost issue when doing offline rendering in some applications.
- Mac AU: output parameters routing now works for more than one instance in Logic Pro's Environment.
- Mac AU: fixed output parameters that could exceed defined range and not record properly as automation curves.
13 Jul 2011 Blue Cat Audio updates Audio Analysis Plug-ins