Blue Cat Audio has updated its 11 equalizer plug-ins. With these new versions, Pro Tools and 64-bit platforms are natively supported on both Mac OS X and Windows. The new release also brings several enhancements and fixes detailed below.
These Blue Cat Audio EQ plug-ins include the Liny EQ series (linear phase graphic equalizers), the Parametr'EQ series (digital and analog parametric EQs) and the Triple EQ plug-ins (semi-parametric visual filters). They all come in three flavors, offering a wide variety of capabilities. In particular, the Widening versions propose mid/side processing for frequency selective stereo narrowing or widening.
Demo versions are available for download. The plug-ins can be purchased in several bundles or separately. The upgrade is free for registered users.
What's new for all plug-ins:
- RTAS plugin format support for Pro Tools (Mac and Windows).
- 64-bit applications support for Windows DX and VST under Windows x64.
- Mac AU 64-bit format support (compatible with 64-bit Logic 9.1 on Snow Leopard).
- Space bar does not trigger plug-in buttons anymore (avoids conflict with transport control in most applications).
- Demo version now displays a nag screen only once per session, and only when opening the user interface of the plug-in.
- Fixed MIDI learn issues.
- Mac: fixed user interface crashes in some hosts under Snow Leopard.
- Mac: fixed keyboard/mouse focus issues in some hosts.
- Mac: fixed multiple screens issue.
- Mac-AU: fixed user interface resizing issue when changing skin in some hosts (Logic).
- Mac-AU: fixed settings lost issue when doing offline rendering in some applications.
What's new for Liny EQ series:
- fixed: curve type was not recalled properly in some cases.
- fixed: plug-ins did not pass AU validation with the latest version of Logic Pro (9.1.1).