Brain Control has announced the release of a beta version of Tunefish Version 4.0, a free VST/AU instrument plugin for Windows and Mac OS X.
Tunefish is a tiny virtual analogue synth that was originally developed for the demo scene or, to be more precise, for 64k intros of the demo group Brain Control. The synth itself is developed to fit into less than 10kb of compressed machine code, but they have decided to release the larger VSTi version of it for free to the public. The synth is an ongoing project under active development and feedback is very welcome.
- Improved UI compared to Tunefish 3 which will visualize all modulations.
- Uses an additive synthesis based wavetable generator.
- The Noise generator can produce any frequency of noise with any bandwidth.
- Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass and an improved Notch filter are available.
- 2 ADSRs and 2 LFOs that can be linked to pretty much any important knob using a modulation matrix.
- Supported effects are Flanger, Chorus, Distortion, Delay, Reverb, EQ and Formant.
- The effects stack allows for any permutation of up to 10 effects.
17 Oct 2011 Brain Control updates Tunefish to v3.1 RC