Brainspawn has released version 1.6.92 of forte.
- Added a 'Rack Editor' option to the Tools menu. Provides a 'per plug-in' view of the current Rack and allows easy editing of many settings. Also allows reordering of Bus and Instrument modules.
- Improved user interface graphics
- All Inserts, both instrument and bus, now have a Scene Commands tab identical to the instruments’. This allows fine tuning of how an insert effect responds to scene changes.
- Inserts on Buss modules now receive MIDI. All inserts now feature the same extensive MIDI routing options that Instruments have.
- Added support for remote control with Frontier Design TranzPort: This includes next/previous scene, play/stop, tempo adjust and panic. The current scene and tempo information is shown on the LCD screen.
- Forte is now capable of utilizing 3GB of user address space in 32-bit Windows (requires the /3GB switch in BOOT.INI)
- Added ability to copy Songs between Setlists.
- On the MIDI Routing Console page, the paperclip icon on the 'Set As Default' button now changes color to green to indicate the presence of a default mcf file for the current plug-in/port. In addition, double clicking the button will delete the existing default file.
- Added support for VST 2.4 plugins
- Added MSB/LSB to Bank converter to Program Change dialogs. Allows banks to be selected using MSB/LSB values required by some synths.
- Quick Routes can now be applied to an individual port without affecting other ports.
- Added new functionality to the Copy command. It is now possible to make a complete copy of an instrument module. All inserts, MIDI routing, and Scene data are copied and can be applied to any instrument. This makes it possible to upgrade plug-ins without the need of rebuilding your Rack.
- Toggle control has been modified. The Init On and Init Off settings have been replaced by a single 'Toggle' command. This new single command is aware of the Min/Max settings. The Min value is sent at toggle off, the Max value at toggle on (when a Scene is loaded). This makes it possible to toggle between any two values.
- Many other improvements and bug fixes.