Brainspawn has announced the release of version 2.0 of Forte. This new version of Forte brings many new features and improvements including:
- Powerful wizard to change MIDI port mappings or audio driver configuration.
- Easily adapt to hardware changes.
- Save multiple hardware profiles in a rack file and load the rack on multiple computers with no remapping required. Select from several compatible profiles on rack load (PRODUCER EDITION exclusive).
Control Surface Support:
- Control Forte with Frontier TranzPort or Mackie Control.
- Create user-defined control surface definitions.
- Mute/Unmute instruments, bypass/unbypass effects, and mix volume in realtime.
Import Scenes and Songs:
- Reuse Scenes and Songs by importing them from other racks.
Enhanced MIDI Processing:
- Hold notes across a scene change even if the new scene has different note filtering.
- Add an initial value to controller mappings. Initial values are set when on scene change.
- Toggle mode without an initial value for improved stomp-box support.
MIDI Output From Plugins:
- Plugins that can output MIDI now appear as virtual MIDI input ports to other plugins.
Enhanced Audio Configuration:
- Dynamically choose ASIO driver when you create the first bus. No need to select from preferences or restart.
Improved Plugin Management and Compatibility:
- Improved plugin menus.
- Spotlight search for plugins by name, vendor, or file path.
- Route MIDI to insert effects with the same full level of flexibility as instruments, including per-port and per-channel routing and key range mapping with transpose.
Two Editions: Performer and Producer Editions:
- Performer Edition: Similar to previous versions of Forte but with more convenient and powerful hardware change adaptation.
- Producer Edition: Configure and choose from multiple hardware profiles and effortlessly move racks between computers. This includes a site-license to install Forte on up to 10 computers.
And many other improvements. Full release notes are available here.
Pricing & Availability
New customers can purchase a license for:
- Forte 2.0 Producer Edition $499.95
- Forte 2.0 Performer Edition $149.95
Existing users can upgrade from Forte 1 to Forte 2:
- Forte 2.0 Producer Edition Upgrade $349.95
- Forte 2.0 Producer Edition Upgrade for EHCo owners $299.95
- Forte 2.0 Performer Edition Upgrade $39.95
For a limited time, the upgrade from Forte 1.6 to Forte 2.0 Performer is only $29.95.
If you purchased Forte 1.6 after September 1st, 2008, you may obtain a free update to Forte 2.0 Performer Edition.