27th February 2013
Bremmers Audio Design has released version 7.3 of MultitrackStudio.
- Audio and MIDI tracks can now be edited while they're playing back.
- Web Browser control surfaces (use phone or tablet as simple remote control via WIFI).
- Tracks can be routed to audio device channels directly, just like Groups and Effect Returns (Pro Plus edition).
- Pianoroll editor can now change duration of multiple notes simultaneously.
- Patchmap files can now specify 'initialization sysex'.
- Control surfaces: new ToSection and ToMarker actions.
- VistaSound (Windows) and CoreSound (Mac) driversets: Audio Input/Output Control windows now have level fader if the audio device supports this.
- Audio Input Control windows and track input channel selectors have per-channel level meters if at least one audio track rec button is engaged.
- Windows 8 tablet support: several improvements. Most notably score editors can zoom vertically, and track editors open 'full size' when running on a small screen.
- Chords editor improvements: automatic capitalization, can type '\' instead of '|', unrecognized chords underlined in red, now supports '|C F|' instead of '|C - C - F - F|'.
- Chord track (generated from chords) improvements: user programmable patterns, several styles, tracks update automatically if chords change.
- Chords/Lyrics editors: type Tab/Shift+Tab to go to next/previous bar.
- MultitrackStudio Instruments: acoustic pianos sound better, and sustain pedal sympathetic resonance is more realistic.
- (Mac) Custom patchmap files can now be placed in the user's Library/Application Support/MultitrackStudio/PatchMaps folder.
- Edited audio track files can be saved to file with original file name (for example: Piano.aem can be saved as Piano.wav).
- MIDI instrument selectors now show actual device names for external instruments rather than just 'External MIDI Instrument 1'.
- (Mac) Editors can zoom (using trackpad) while transport is running.
- (Windows) AsioSnd driverset: audio input channel assignments can be changed while recording.
- Audio Input/Output Control windows (except for AsioSnd Audio Output Control): changes are effected immediately (no need to click OK).
- Added keyboard shortcuts for transport cycling: Ctrl+F7 (Windows)/Command-F7 (Mac) sets cycle end marker, F7 starts cycling to cycle end marker.
- MP3 tag editor is now embedded in track file properties window.
- Pianoroll/Score/Drum editors can copy/past single notes.
- Song Editor didn't properly update display if there where no MIDI tracks.
- Fader and Pan tooltips could show wrong value after undoing automation (Pro Plus edition).
- Some VSTi plugins (Machine II) wouldn't work 'bridged'.
- There were ways to import an audio file without seeing samplerate conversion options dialog.
- Several other improvements and fixes.
The new version is available free of charge for users who purchased the program after February 1, 2011. Older versions can be upgraded for $39 (Pro Plus) / $23 (Professional).