Bremmers Audio Design has released version 7.0 of MultitrackStudio, which includes the release of the first Mac version.
The Mac version supports all the features of the Windows version except touchscreen support, VST plug-in bridging and DX plug-in support. On the plus side it supports Audio Unit plug-ins. The Mac version works with OS X 10.7 (Lion) and 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
Projects created in the Mac version work in the Windows version and vice versa.
The Windows versions have been updated as well. The new version includes a new color theme and some improvements and bug fixes:
- New Standard color theme.
- Better DPI scaling.
- All versions now support.aif files (was Pro Plus only).
- Onscreen MIDI keyboard now works while MIDI Keyboard Splitter window is visible.
- Mousewheel on small strips on left/right side now scrolls mixer sections vertically.
- "Bridged" VST plug-ins received incorrect tempo information.
- Master Limiter's RMS meter didn't work at 192 kHz sample rate.
- A couple of other fixes.
The new version is available free of charge for users who purchased the program after May 1, 2010. Older versions can be upgraded for $39 (Pro Plus) / $23 (Professional). Pricing for new customers starts at $69.