Bremmers Audio Design has released version 7.2 of MultitrackStudio, which works with Windows 8 tablets.
Touchscreen support - introduced in 2009 - has been enhanced and modernized, and the user interface can now scale down to fit the 10 inch Windows 8 tablets various manufacturers have announced comfortably.
The new release comes with improvements for users having large or multiple screens as well. There can now optionally be multiple columns of tracks instead of just one, so more tracks can be displayed simultaneously.
Among the other new features are gapless cycling and a lyrics prompter.
- (Windows) Improved touchscreen support, now works with 10-inch Windows 8 tablets.
- There can now be multiple columns of mixer sections, so all the space of a large monitor can be used.
- Transport cycling now works without audible gap.
- Automation editors (Pro Plus edition), Automated Fader effect and Vocal Tuner key editor can now be used while the transport is running.
- Vocal Tuner now also updates pitch curves while transport isn't running, so you can see the result of tweaking settings immediately.
- Lyrics prompter (can show chords as well).
- Score editor supports transposing instruments (Bb clarinets etc.).
- "Ultra Dark" color theme. On Windows the Light theme is replaced with a new High Contrast theme.
- "To Song" control surface action, intended for playing backing tracks during live shows.
- "Start Playback" and "Start Recording" control surface actions.
- "Full Screen" button in bottom right corner (not on Mac OS X 10.7 or newer).
- Improved VST/AU plugin compatibility (Melodyne).
- Various user interface improvements (redesigned transport counter and group selectors etc.).
- BPM tappers are now embedded in windows like Add Click Track, so you don't have to click the Tap button first.
- A Control Surface can now have up to 64 channels (was 8).
- (Windows) full screen mode now fills all monitors which where covered by the main window.
- Narrow vertical strips next to the mixer sections are removed, this makes the vertical scrollbar easier to use.
- The Clip Shelf can now be made visible using the Studio menu.
- Transport position indicator and overview bar now show bars automatically if there are any MIDI tracks. Can be switched off in Preferences window.
- Editor and transport units (bars or seconds) are now stored in song files.
- Removed "Large Meters" setting from Preferences window. Meters now become large automatically if there's room for them.
- EQ effect: 1/3 octave and critical bands spectra now show vertical bars rather than lines.
- Phaser effect uses significantly less CPU power if there's no audio signal present.
- (Windows) Editor needles move smoother when playing back with AsioSnd driverset.
- (Windows) VST plugin causing exception error will automatically run bridged next time.
- (Mac) VST plugins can have Cocoa GUI (supports "hasCockosViewAsConfig").
- MultitrackStudio Instruments: Vibrato was broken in 32 bit Windows and OS X versions.
The new version is available free of charge for users who purchased the program after February 1, 2011. Older versions can be upgraded for $39 (Pro Plus) / $23 (Professional).