Bremmers Audio Design has released version 7.5 of MultitrackStudio.
The new release includes support for a new MultitrackStudio Remote iPad app, which allows for controlling most recording-related features:
- Control the transport, including VariSpeed, markers and cycling.
- Add and control tracks, groups, effect returns (up to 3) and the master section.
- Add and control effects and MIDI instruments.
- Toggle the Monitor / Punch / Sound On Sound buttons.
- Control the click track and the MIDI Keyboard Splitter.
The MultitrackStudio Remote app can be downloaded from the App Store for free.
- "MultitrackStudio Remote" iPad app.
- Mixer sections can optionally have 6 effect slots instead of 3.
- Half solo: doubleclick a solo button to dim other tracks.
- VST/AU output mixer has level meters.
- VST/AU output mixer supports multiple solo and half solo.
- Sampler supports Modulation controller (#1).
- VSTi plugins: drum editor can use text file with instrument names.
- VST/AU effect MIDI out data can be recorded to MIDI track.
- Level meter of recording audio track shows peak level since transport start (dimmed segment).
- Mac version takes advantage of Retina displays.
- Practice Mode now works with speed-only VariSpeed mode (Pro Plus edition).
- Support for Mackie Control and HUI control surface level meters and transport counter.
- Compatible with OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and Windows 8.1.
- Improved pen (stylus) support: easier scrolling and optional onscreen keyboards.
- 'Open same color MIDI tracks in Multi MIDI Editor' no longer opens track editors.
- Multi MIDI Editor: redesigned track buttons, leaves a bit more space for editor.
- Multi MIDI Editor remembers whether user wants it to cover the overview bar.
- Overview Bar now always shows all markers, even if it's passed the end of the song.
- Patchmap files can be unicode, so they can contain Asian characters etc.
- (Mac) Improved VST/AU compatibility.
- (Windows) Improved MIDI recording timing accuracy.
- MP3 'very high quality' could actually be 'high quality'.
- Various bug fixes.
- Mac: several more bug fixes.
The new version is available free of charge for users who purchased the program after September 1, 2012. Older versions can be upgraded for $39 (Pro Plus) / $23 (Professional).