22nd October 2003
MultitrackStudio Pro Plus 3.0 ($119) offers advanced mixing and mastering features:
- Group and Effect Return sections can be routed to additional soundcard outputs (other than the master pair).
- Effect Send busses can be routed to sidechain inputs of dynamic effects to make ducking etc. possible. A combined Expander/Compressor/Limiter effect has been added to get the most out of these new routing capabilities.
- The EQ effect features a spectrum display to detect any problems while mastering.
- The Master Limiter features a Level History display that makes gain setup a no-brainer.
- A MIDI merger is built-in.
Both the Professional ($69) and Pro Plus edition's MIDI editing capabilities have been enhanced:
- The MIDI Pianoroll and Drum editors now appear in the main window, and have been enhanced.
- A Notation editor has been added.
- Multiple MIDI Out devices are supported.
- Tape Type Monitoring ('live effects') is supported.
- The Noisegate and Compressor effects can have sidechain effects.
The 3.0 release has many more improvements, enhancements and optimizations.
MultitrackStudio has been designed with tape-based recording in mind. As a result it is easy to learn, yet powerful.