BTE Audio has announced the release of the AEQ3 American Console Equalizer Algorithm for Software Developers.
With their symmetrical curves and smooth proportional Q characteristics, the secret ingredient of the legendary LA sound is the discrete channel equalizer modules designed in the late 1960s. The AEQ3 Algorithm accurately and efficiently simulates the ten band graphic version of these modules in the digital domain with its meticulously designed topology.
- Extremely High Processing Efficiency.
- Supports sampling frequencies up to 384 kHz.
- Clickless parameter update.
- Proprietary topology which is optimized for low latency, low noise and high dynamic range.
- Supports both 32 bit (single precision) and 64 bit (double precision) floating-point processing.
- Built-in reference-quality upsampling algorithm which can be enabled at sampling frequencies 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz to achieve bell shape symmetry at high frequencies.
- Clearly and concisely implemented in pure C++: portable to any platform that is supported by a C++ compiler.
AEQ3 American Console Equalizer Algorithm features ten bands which have the center frequencies 31Hz, 63Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz and 16kHz. The amount of boost or attenuation is continuously variable from -12 dB to 12 dB on all bands.
- Software Plug-ins
- Digital Audio Workstations
- Digital Mixing Consoles
- Hardware Effect Processors
In order to demonstrate the sound and performance of the AEQ3 Algorithm, BTE Audio has integrated it into a VST Plug-in which has the following system requirements:
- Hardware: Intel Pentium 1.7 GHz and above or AMD Athlon 1800 and above 128 MB RAM XVGA Video Card (High Color 1024x768) Low-latency Sound Card
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows
- Software: VST 2.0 compliant Host Application
Please note that AEQ3 Demo requires a WIBU Systems CodeMeter Stick and it is only available to well-established audio hardware and software manufacturers.
24 Jan 2011 BTE Audio releases Juicy77 v2.0
13 Jan 2011 BTE Audio updates TS' Secret to v2.0
25 Jun 2007 BTE Audio updates Juicy77 and TS' Secret to v1.0
16 Feb 2007 BTE Audio updates TS' Secret to v0.7.1.2
07 Feb 2007 BTE Audio releases Juicy77 v0.7.1.1