19th January 2012
Cakewalk has announced the ProChannel Concrete Limiter Module, which adds peak limiting capability to SONAR X1 Producer Expanded’s ProChannel.
The ProChannel Concrete Limiter’s advanced DSP combines highly transparent, limiting with low-latency performance and is suitable for peak limiting of individual tracks and level maximization of mix buses. The ProChannel Concrete Limiter is highly-ergonomic, drag and drop routable, and instantly available on any track or bus.
The ProChannel Concrete Limiter utilizes look-ahead, oversampling and frequency-dependant processing techniques, combined with smooth gain curves to intelligently limit peaks without sounding “harsh” or “squashed”. The Concrete Limiter is extremely responsive and only introduces 1.5ms of latency, allowing real-time playback and recording while engaged. Efficient CPU usage, optimized look-ahead, and native x64 operation allow for many instances in a given project without overtaxing.
The Pro Channel Concrete Limiter not only offers precise, transparent, peak-limiting, but it also employs innovative Bass Lift technology designed to deal with low frequency problems sometimes associated with limiting.
The informative, space-efficient interface and simple controls ensure ease of use and excellent results while native x64 operation and 64-bit double-precision ensure solid performance and the highest fidelity.
- ProChannel Module – New Concrete Limiter module SONAR X1 Producer Expanded’s modular ProChannel.
- Peak Limiter - Tame rogue peaks and get punchier, in your face, mixes with the ProChannel Concrete Limiter.
- Frequency Dependent Limiting – Using the “Auto Release” feature, the amount of auto-release for frequencies between the two extremes, is continuously variable.
- Smooth Gain Curves – Smooth 4th-order gain curves for all applied gain-reduction.
- Inter-sample Peak Limiting -A DAC (digital-to-analog converter) output needs to reconstruct a smooth analog curve from a digitally sampled one, which can create clipping between peaks. The ProChannel Concrete Limiter employs a 16x oversampling mechanism that detects and limits peaks in-between samples to resolve this problem.
- Low Latency – Highly optimized DSP ensures 1.5msec of latency providing the right balance between look ahead and responsiveness.
- Bass Lift Technology – Enhances low end frequencies, to “get back” the presence and warmth of signals that can be lost via limiting.
- Auto/Manual Release – Built in automatic release time switchable to manual release for more direct control.
- Versatile – Can be used on individual tracks or mix busses.
- Native x64/x86 – Run natively in 32-bit or 64-bit environments.
Product information, video and specification is available at the ProChannel Concrete Limiter product page.
Availability and pricing:
The ProChannel Concrete Limiter is available now to owners of SONAR X1 Producer Expanded via www.cakewalk.com and has a MAP of $79 / €69 / £59.
SONAR X1 Producer Expanded
SONAR X1 Producer Expanded delivers fully modular capability to the ProChannel and is required to use ProChannel Concrete Limiter module.
SONAR X1 Producer‘s ProChannel console strip already provides a number of options to get pro-studio sound in the box with its highly musical Gloss EQ, PC76 U-Type/classic FET and PC4K S-Type bus compressors, tube saturation, and flexible drag & drop routing. ProChannel strips can be customized to have any combination of installed modules available on any channel and favorite combinations can be set as default for tracks and busses. Learn more about SONAR X1 Producer Expanded’s ProChannel.
24 May 2013 Rapture Special: Only $20 for a Limited Time
20 Dec 2012 Cakewalk updates Z3TA+ for Mac to v2.1.1
25 Sep 2012 Cakewalk releases SONAR X2
28 Jun 2012 Michael Hoover named new President of Cakewalk
06 Mar 2012 Cakewalk releases SONAR X1d update
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X1 Producer Crossgrade
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk announces SONAR X1d update
13 May 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v22.214.171.124
02 Dec 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v126.96.36.199
09 Sep 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v188.8.131.52
17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt
21 Mar 2012 Roland unveils Jupiter-50 Synthesizer
22 Aug 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v184.108.40.206
05 Aug 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v220.127.116.11
25 Jul 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v18.104.22.168