Z3TA+ is highly revered as a classic synthesizer with unique character and tonality. Its unmistakable signature sound has been used in countless electronic, trance, and dance productions around the globe for nearly a decade. The key to Z3TA+’s success has been its formidable sound synthesis generation engine, featuring unique per-oscillator waveshaping capability, vast filters, multi-stage envelope generators, morphing and advanced modulation matrix with powerful effects routing.
Z3TA+ 2 builds upon the solid foundation of this classic waveshaping synthesizer with improved controls via a complete user interface overhaul for extensive, hands-on control of parameters including envelopes, effects routing, waveshaping, and performance functions. Real-time performance and expression controls are centralized into the Performance Module featuring the new Adaptive Pitch Bend. All this provides new inspiration for sound design, real-time expression, and is all bounded by impeccable sound quality.
Z3TA+ 2 loads all original Z3TA+ patches and sports a new browser providing easy access and organization of patches. Z3TA+ 2 also includes hundreds of new presets from renowned sound designers Nico Herz of Big Tone Studios (who crafted many of the original Z3TA+ patches), Francesco Silvestri/FI Sound, Frank Genus/Pro Sounds, and Chad Beckwith/ FI Sound / Patch Arena.
Z3TA+ 2 Highlights:
- Waveshaper is now an integral part of the Oscillator section with 4 new Waveshaping modes. All Waveshapers are now accessible via the modulation matrix opening up an enormous amount of new sound shaping possibilities.
- 4 new Filter modes bringing the total to 14 filter modes with separation control for tweaking resonance peaks on stacked filters. Both filters are readily accessible and visible simultaneously.
- New Graphically controlled Envelopes providing visual representation of all envelopes, mouse controlled ADSR, and improved naming and interface arrangement.
- New Graphical LFOs clearly show the resulting LFO shapes when morphing between two waves and the new AMOUNT fader quickly scales an LFO’s intensity.
- New Graphical Arp provides visual display of Arp patterns, including 100 new patterns from Dance MIDI Samples. 50 new ‘Gate’ patterns, also from Dance MIDI Samples, instantly apply trance gates to synth pads and leads while Humanize and Swing controls increase total Arp flexibility and expression.
- Effects enhancements include: Simple drag and drop routing of all effects, new Hypertube distortion algorithm, and highly flexible distortion module routing (apply to filter busses and master section or both simultaneously).
- Real-time Expression is enhanced with Adaptive Pitch Bend which allows for the bending of notes within the key and mode performed; automatically learns key based on performance.
- All Waveshapers can be mapped to the modulation matrix opening up a whole new world of expression when mapped to velocity and bend controls.
- XY Pad speed control allows users to adjust the morphing speed of XY coordinates.
- Z3TA+’s legendary sound engine has been improved with a new ‘HIGHEST’ SRC algorithm providing smoother, more accurate interpolation of wavetables.
Other UI enhancements:
- Layout is rearranged with numerous usability improvements.
- Menu items now show graphical previews (oscillator shapes, velocity curves, etc).
- New extended ribbon controller with latch (Shift-click).
- Menus are revamped with clearer organization and descriptions.
Price & Availability
Z3TA+ 2 (Win/VSTi) has an estimated street price of $99/€99/£89 (VAT inclusive) and will be available August 4, 2011.
Customers who purchase Z3TA+ 1.5 starting July 18, 2011 will get a free upgrade to Z3TA+ 2 when it becomes available.
Registered Z3TA+ customers can upgrade for $49/€39/£35 (vat inclusive) at www.cakewalk.com.
20 Dec 2012 Cakewalk updates Z3TA+ for Mac to v2.1.1
25 Sep 2012 Cakewalk releases SONAR X2
28 Jun 2012 Michael Hoover named new President of Cakewalk
06 Mar 2012 Cakewalk releases SONAR X1d update
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X1 Producer Crossgrade
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk announces SONAR X1d update
05 Oct 2011 Cakewalk updates Z3TA+ to v2.1
07 Feb 2012 MacWorld and NAMM 2012 Show Reports
20 Nov 2006 Sound-Ideology releases Trance Xtremes for z3ta+
24 Sep 2004 New banks uploaded
18 Sep 2004 Group Buy Fever
23 Aug 2004 ProSounds Summer Sale
16 Jun 2004 ProSounds z3ta+ Max Collection released
18 May 2004 ProSounds z3ta+ Max Collection announced
23 Apr 2004 Banks Uploaded (At last)
09 Apr 2004 rgc:audio z3ta+ v1.4 released
08 Dec 2003 rgc:audio z3ta+ v1.3 released
30 Aug 2003 rgc:audio z3ta+ updated to v1.2
04 Jul 2003 New banks for D'Cota, V-Station, z3ta+
23 Apr 2003 rgcAudio z3ta+ v1.1 released
14 Apr 2003 rgcAudio Competition Winners!