25th September 2012
Cakewalk say "From getting great tone to releasing a final mix, today's musicians must master every element of the music production process. SONAR X2 is there every step of the way, and the enhanced revolutionary Skylight interface lets you move seamlessly among the elements, instantly going from recording to editing to mixing and back again."
SONAR X2 Producer key features:
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks.
- Enhanced Skylight interface.
- Seamless usability and workflow.
- R-MIX SONAR.
- Modular ProChannel.
- BREVERB SONAR VST and ProChannel.
- ProChannel Console Emulator.
- QuadCurve EQ & Softube Saturation Knob.
- FX Chains plus ProChannel FX Chains.
- 20 virtual instruments.
- 59 audio and MIDI FX.
- Enhanced Matrix performance view.
- Integrated per track arpeggiator.
- TH2 Producer Amp Sim.
- Linear Phase EQ and Multi-Band compressor.
- Automation and Take Lanes.
- Sound Cloud, MusicXML, and export options.
- 64-bit/384KHz audio engine.
- 32- and 64-bit versions.
- Windows 7 and 8 support via a free update.
- Thousands of enhancements and optimizations.
SONAR X2 allows you to master every element of the music production process
Perform: Play sounds, trigger loops & phrases with full hands on control.
- SONAR X2 Producer contains a total of 20 distinct virtual instruments including Dimension Pro, Rapture, Z3TA+, Session Drummer 3, and more.
- Overloud brings their amp modeling technology to SONAR with Overloud TH2 SONAR and Overloud TH2 Producer (only in SONAR X2 Producer).
- The enhanced Matrix View lets you organize loops, phrases, and one shots into cells and columns for realtime triggering.
Record: Capture performances with pristine quality and unlimited tracks.
- SONAR X2 Producer includes unlimited audio and MIDI tracks with up to 384kHz audio fidelity powered by the SONAR 64-bit double precision mix engine.
- Take lanes, track folders, confidence recording, and bus waveform preview provide the organization and assurance that every nuance of a performance is captured and where it should be.
- Automatic Plugin Delay Compensation (PDC), 64-bit OS support, WDM & VST driver modes coupled with the extreme low latency audio engine allow for better than hardware performance of soft synths and input monitoring on effects.
Edit: Fix mistakes, arrange parts, and manipulate pitch/time and any other aspects of recordings.
- Newly enhanced Smart Tool changes function automatically based on context and works in every one of SONAR's edit views.
- Smart Grid intelligently sets the snap resolution and the visual grid line display dynamically, based on zoom level, to a useful setting for the task at hand.
- SONAR X2's Piano Roll View has been enhanced with a new look and new functionality.
Mix: Sculpt killer tones and create big, dynamic mixes.
- Available exclusively in SONAR X2 Producer, create custom ProChannel strips that include modular components, in place scrolling, and drag and drop signal routing.
- ProChannel includes 6 modules for every day mixing tasks including an updated EQ, compressors, tube saturations, and more.
- SONAR X2 Producer's Console Emulator injects the sound of three legendary consoles right into SONAR's ProChannel. Different consoles have different characteristics and there are three modes available, S-Type, N-Type and A-Type. Add the Console Emulator to any channel or bus and dial in the distinctive sound of these analog hardware consoles - with all the modern convenience and flexibility of software.
- R-MIX SONAR is now available exclusively in SONAR X2 Producer. Fully automatable and available on any track or bus, R-MIX employs Roland's V-Remastering technology letting you remove noise, isolate particular elements, or create unique and evocative filtering effects that demand attention.
- BREVERB SONAR is a high quality reverberation plug-in modeled on the most acclaimed hardware classics, and is the solution to any recording, mixing and live situation. BREVERB SONAR can be patched as a VST plugin or patched directly into the ProChannel.
- Addition of individual automation lanes for each track plus automation modes like latch, touch, overwrite, and punch.
Master: Add final touches to a finished mix for clear, professional results.
- Enhanced LP-64 EQ linear-phase Equalizer that puts a professional sheen on your final mix.
- Updated LP-64 Multiband linear phase mastering compressor/limiter that provides clean, clear non-smeared control over isolated bands for volume maximization or attenuation/limiting with linear phase technology.
Deliver: Share final masters with the world in a variety of formats.
- Integrated SoundCloud support allows for uploading songs directly to SoundCloud and automatic notification of social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
- Ability to export in MusicXML format for use in popular notation programs such as Finale, Notion, and Sibelius.
Versions and Availability
SONAR X2 is available in three versions, Producer ($599), Studio ($249) and Essential ($149) and is available through music and sound retailers around the globe.
02 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases ScratchPad for iPad
31 Oct 2013 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3c Update
22 Oct 2013 Cakewalk announces SONAR X3c Update
19 Sep 2013 Cakewalk seeks to hire Plug-in Developer
18 Jun 2013 Cakewalk Z3ta+ 2 Promo: 30% Off
20 Dec 2012 Cakewalk updates Z3TA+ for Mac to v2.1.1
25 Sep 2012 Cakewalk releases SONAR X2
14 Oct 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v184.108.40.206
24 Jul 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v220.127.116.11
13 May 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v18.104.22.168
15 Apr 2013 Detunized introduces Universal Formats
02 Dec 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v22.214.171.124
09 Sep 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v126.96.36.199