5th October 2011
The Z3TA+ 2.1 update provides numerous usability enhancements, optimizations and overall improved performance. Highlights include:
- Scala tuning files are now supported with the latest full library of Scala tuning files from the Scala homepage are included.
- Users can now search for presets using the Preset Search button.
- Arpeggiator Auto Fit mode loads any MIDI file and intelligently adjusts the data to work as a new arpeggiator pattern. Arp patterns can also be dragged to host applications for customization.
- New Program menu options have been added, including the option to set any preset as the default preset, display a list of the most recently loaded presets, and the ability to import banks in their original order.
- Memory usage has been greatly improved.
Full list of improvements, enhancements & bug fixes in Z3TA+ 2.1
New Features and Improvements
- The Arpeggiator's new Auto Fit mode will adjust imported MIDI files to work properly.
- The Arpeggiator sync menu is now a fly-out menu.
- Arpeggiator patterns can now be dragged out from the graph and into your host.
- There is an option to disable the Arpeggiator when patterns are dragged out from it in the Options menu.
- The User Guide and About Box can now be opened from the Options menu.
- The documentation has been updated with many small improvements.
- French and German documentation were updated.
- Loading stereo WAV files is now supported.
- Loading 24 bit & 32 bit WAV files is now supported.
- Z3TA+ 2 now supports modifications via alternative installation folders in the same way Z3TA+ did.
Program & Preset Menu Updates:
- Users can now search for presets by using the magnifying glass Preset Search button.
- Programs section is now bigger to allow for more characters and has improved Previous/Next icons.
- There is a new option to add sequential numbers to the front of the name of imported presets when importing.FXB banks in order to preserve their original order.
- The Programs Menu now has a Most Recent section, displaying the 20 most recent programs used.
- Users can now set any preset as their default preset, or have Z3TA+ 2.1 default to a random preset each time, via an option in the Programs Menu.
- Saving a new patch now defaults the save dialog to the folder currently accessed in the program menu.
- Scala tuning files are now supported.
- Z3TA+ 2.1 includes the latest full library of Scala tuning files.
- The state of the show/hide ribbon setting is now saved globally.
- The ribbon controller now lights up when clicked on with a mouse, and remains lit when Ribbon Latch is active.
- You can now CTRL+Click an oscillator tab to turn it on or off, and SHIFT+Click to solo.
- Filter Link can now be automated and MIDI Learned.
- Right-clicking now activates latch in the Ribbon Controller.
- Resolved an issue where the Arpeggiator was getting stuck on some patches.
- Resolved an issue where the Up/Down 2 Arpeggiator mode wouldn't re-trigger properly if a pattern was stopped in its descent.
- Fixed problems with the Arpeggiator reading improper MIDI data.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Arpeggiator from displaying certain MIDI patterns.
- Resolved an issue where the Limiter was letting some patches clip.
- Resolved an issue where certain modulation modes would silence the program.
- Improved the stability of the modulation effect section overall.
- Fixed an issue where the Uninstaller wasn't being added to Add/Remove Programs on some systems.
- Fixed an issue where Microhost shortcuts were not being installed to the Start menu.
- Resolved an issue where Velocity was mapped inaccurately in some older programs.
- Resolved an issue where in some cases the Paste Program menu wouldn't paste elements of a copy.
- Resolved an issue where Ribbon latch wasn't working with a couple MIDI Arpeggiator files.
- Resolved an issue where ProTools would reset Z3TA+ 2 to the default patch whenever played.
- Pitch EG Start & Level knobs now use Bipolar bitmaps.
- Fixed an issue where MIDI Learning certain controls could cause large CPU spikes.
- Fixed an issue where pressing F1 would make the micro host entirely white.
- Fixed an issue where Mismatched oversampling options could create no sound on mix down.
- Fixed an issue where the random LFO waveforms were slow to operate and were using excessive CPU.
- Fixed an issue where in some cases, the oscillator graph would show spikes.
- Fixed an issue where some patches were silent after changing programs.
- Fixed an issue where wave shaping wouldn't affect the sound when holding a note on an external controller.
- Fixed an issue where hiding the ribbon controller wasn't working properly in some hosts.
- Fixed an issue where manipulating a control assigned to the modulation matrix caused drawing issues with the waveshaper.
- LFOs in the Arpeggiator, Modulation section and LFO section are now more stable.
- The Limiter now has a smooth ON/OFF transition to avoid clicks.
- Improved the performance of Ribbon Latch.
- Memory usage has been greatly improved.
- Joysticks now work in the XY pad when using the micro host.
- The DC adjust and Pulse Width waveshapers (mouse X/Y draggable) are now working properly.
02 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases ScratchPad for iPad
31 Oct 2013 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3c Update
22 Oct 2013 Cakewalk announces SONAR X3c Update
19 Sep 2013 Cakewalk seeks to hire Plug-in Developer
18 Jun 2013 Cakewalk Z3ta+ 2 Promo: 30% Off
20 Dec 2012 Cakewalk updates Z3TA+ for Mac to v2.1.1
25 Sep 2012 Cakewalk releases SONAR X2
07 Feb 2012 MacWorld and NAMM 2012 Show Reports
20 Nov 2006 Sound-Ideology releases Trance Xtremes for z3ta+
24 Sep 2004 New banks uploaded
18 Sep 2004 Group Buy Fever
23 Aug 2004 ProSounds Summer Sale
16 Jun 2004 ProSounds z3ta+ Max Collection released
18 May 2004 ProSounds z3ta+ Max Collection announced
23 Apr 2004 Banks Uploaded (At last)
09 Apr 2004 rgc:audio z3ta+ v1.4 released
08 Dec 2003 rgc:audio z3ta+ v1.3 released
30 Aug 2003 rgc:audio z3ta+ updated to v1.2
04 Jul 2003 New banks for D'Cota, V-Station, z3ta+
23 Apr 2003 rgcAudio z3ta+ v1.1 released
14 Apr 2003 rgcAudio Competition Winners!