The Z3TA+ 2.1 update provides numerous usability enhancements, optimizations and overall improved performance. Highlights include:
- Scala tuning files are now supported with the latest full library of Scala tuning files from the Scala homepage are included.
- Users can now search for presets using the Preset Search button.
- Arpeggiator Auto Fit mode loads any MIDI file and intelligently adjusts the data to work as a new arpeggiator pattern. Arp patterns can also be dragged to host applications for customization.
- New Program menu options have been added, including the option to set any preset as the default preset, display a list of the most recently loaded presets, and the ability to import banks in their original order.
- Memory usage has been greatly improved.
Full list of improvements, enhancements & bug fixes in Z3TA+ 2.1
New Features and Improvements
- The Arpeggiator's new Auto Fit mode will adjust imported MIDI files to work properly.
- The Arpeggiator sync menu is now a fly-out menu.
- Arpeggiator patterns can now be dragged out from the graph and into your host.
- There is an option to disable the Arpeggiator when patterns are dragged out from it in the Options menu.
- The User Guide and About Box can now be opened from the Options menu.
- The documentation has been updated with many small improvements.
- French and German documentation were updated.
- Loading stereo WAV files is now supported.
- Loading 24 bit & 32 bit WAV files is now supported.
- Z3TA+ 2 now supports modifications via alternative installation folders in the same way Z3TA+ did.
Program & Preset Menu Updates:
- Users can now search for presets by using the magnifying glass Preset Search button.
- Programs section is now bigger to allow for more characters and has improved Previous/Next icons.
- There is a new option to add sequential numbers to the front of the name of imported presets when importing.FXB banks in order to preserve their original order.
- The Programs Menu now has a Most Recent section, displaying the 20 most recent programs used.
- Users can now set any preset as their default preset, or have Z3TA+ 2.1 default to a random preset each time, via an option in the Programs Menu.
- Saving a new patch now defaults the save dialog to the folder currently accessed in the program menu.
- Scala tuning files are now supported.
- Z3TA+ 2.1 includes the latest full library of Scala tuning files.
- The state of the show/hide ribbon setting is now saved globally.
- The ribbon controller now lights up when clicked on with a mouse, and remains lit when Ribbon Latch is active.
- You can now CTRL+Click an oscillator tab to turn it on or off, and SHIFT+Click to solo.
- Filter Link can now be automated and MIDI Learned.
- Right-clicking now activates latch in the Ribbon Controller.
- Resolved an issue where the Arpeggiator was getting stuck on some patches.
- Resolved an issue where the Up/Down 2 Arpeggiator mode wouldn't re-trigger properly if a pattern was stopped in its descent.
- Fixed problems with the Arpeggiator reading improper MIDI data.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Arpeggiator from displaying certain MIDI patterns.
- Resolved an issue where the Limiter was letting some patches clip.
- Resolved an issue where certain modulation modes would silence the program.
- Improved the stability of the modulation effect section overall.
- Fixed an issue where the Uninstaller wasn't being added to Add/Remove Programs on some systems.
- Fixed an issue where Microhost shortcuts were not being installed to the Start menu.
- Resolved an issue where Velocity was mapped inaccurately in some older programs.
- Resolved an issue where in some cases the Paste Program menu wouldn't paste elements of a copy.
- Resolved an issue where Ribbon latch wasn't working with a couple MIDI Arpeggiator files.
- Resolved an issue where ProTools would reset Z3TA+ 2 to the default patch whenever played.
- Pitch EG Start & Level knobs now use Bipolar bitmaps.
- Fixed an issue where MIDI Learning certain controls could cause large CPU spikes.
- Fixed an issue where pressing F1 would make the micro host entirely white.
- Fixed an issue where Mismatched oversampling options could create no sound on mix down.
- Fixed an issue where the random LFO waveforms were slow to operate and were using excessive CPU.
- Fixed an issue where in some cases, the oscillator graph would show spikes.
- Fixed an issue where some patches were silent after changing programs.
- Fixed an issue where wave shaping wouldn't affect the sound when holding a note on an external controller.
- Fixed an issue where hiding the ribbon controller wasn't working properly in some hosts.
- Fixed an issue where manipulating a control assigned to the modulation matrix caused drawing issues with the waveshaper.
- LFOs in the Arpeggiator, Modulation section and LFO section are now more stable.
- The Limiter now has a smooth ON/OFF transition to avoid clicks.
- Improved the performance of Ribbon Latch.
- Memory usage has been greatly improved.
- Joysticks now work in the XY pad when using the micro host.
- The DC adjust and Pulse Width waveshapers (mouse X/Y draggable) are now working properly.