7th October 2005
First released as an integral part of Project5 Version 2 in April of this year, Dimension is a synthesizer that combines real instruments with advanced synthesis. For Dimension Pro, Cakewalk has added a two DVD sound library with 1500+ sound programs making it ideal for preset addicts, while its deep editing and sound generation capabilities should appeal to sound designers.
Dimension Pro offers an abundance of sounds that range from pristine realistic acoustic instruments, thumping basses, cutting leads, to complex, evolving atmospheres. This wide tonal range can be attributed to both advanced sample mapping and the physical modeling of components, such as piano body/damper simulation and speaker cabinets, along with a powerful sound-sculpting engine with analog sound generation that lets you mutate and recompose any sound you might imagine with flexible, graphical Envelope Generators, tempo-syncing LFOs, and vector mixing.
- Two DVDs of multi-samples and grooves with over 1500 sound programs including: guitars, grand pianos, basses, synth basses, analog-style leads, pads, atmospheres, electric pianos, orchestral strings, dozens of evolving textures, and more. Dimension Pro also includes a large library of production-ready drums with groove programs, which can be dragged into the host application as a MIDI file for further manipulation and control.
- Powerful synthesis capabilities:
- Waveguide generators and wavetable oscillators generate analog-style sounds.
- Each program provides up to 20 graphical Envelope Generators for intuitive yet precise control of your sound envelopes.
- 20 host tempo-syncing LFOs per program, each with 21 shapes, ensure musically useful modulation over all parameters.
- Expressive features:
- Multiple velocity and keyboard switching and crossfading.
- Advanced sample playback techniques, multi-looping, sample switching, and legato on MIDI Continuous Controllers.
- Enhanced acoustic simulation is achieved via physical modeling components, such as piano body/damper simulation.
- Multi-stage effects sections and filters: insert and send effects for each part including:
- Bit reducer and Decimator.
- 16 filter types.
- 5 tone drive modes.
- 3 stackable parametric EQs.
- 6 delay types.
- 3 chorus types.
- LFO filters.
- Room simulation and modulation effects.
- Mix and layer up to 4 stereo parts per program.
- Vector Mixer for real-time sound morphing: can be controlled by mouse or MIDI, lets you morph sounds by gliding between the different elements of a program.
- Drag-and-drop MIDI into host application for groove manipulation.
16 Apr 2014 Cakewalk Offers Discounted Upgrades to SONAR X3
20 Mar 2014 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3e Update
12 Mar 2014 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X3e Update
21 Feb 2014 Cakewalk releases Z3TA+ for iOS
05 Jan 2014 Cakewalk SONAR X3 now available on Steam
18 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases Free SONAR X3d Update
02 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases ScratchPad for iPad
31 Oct 2013 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3c Update
22 Oct 2013 Cakewalk announces SONAR X3c Update
19 Sep 2013 Cakewalk seeks to hire Plug-in Developer
18 Jun 2013 Cakewalk Z3ta+ 2 Promo: 30% Off
15 Apr 2013 Detunized introduces Universal Formats
13 Oct 2009 Chicken Systems releases Instrument Manager
09 Feb 2006 Smart Loops Launches SL Sample Sets (Drums)