19th January 2006
Cakewalk also announced that Garritan will develop new orchestral instruments libraries for Dimension Pro. Included in the content that ships with Dimension Pro is a special edition of the Garritan Pocket Orchestra expressively programmed for Dimension Pro. The orchestral instrument library includes strings, brass, woodwinds, keyboards and percussion. Future libraries, including Jazz & Big Band and the complete Garritan Personal Orchestra are expected to be released in 2006.
V1.1 highlights include:
- RTAS Support: Dimension Pro now provides native plug-in support through RTAS for Pro Tools 7.0 and above (Mac) and 6.0 and above (Windows).
- x64-capable DXi format: Dimension Pro's updated DXi format runs natively in SONAR 5 on new Windows XP x64 Edition and Intel and AMD x64 chipsets. In addition to increased processing performance under x64, a primary benefit to Dimension Pro's x64 implementation is the access of up to 128 GB of RAM which will allow for more simultaneous instances of Dimension Pro running larger sampler banks.
- REX support: Dimension Pro can now load REX format loops, as well as .sfz format grooves files in any element, in addition to the standard .sfz multi-sample format.
- Microtuning and Alternate tuning with Scala file support: Dimension Pro can now load native Scala .scl microtuning files. Scala is a powerful freeware software tool for experimentation with musical tunings, such as just intonation scales, equal and historical temperaments, microtonal and macrotonal scales, and non-Western scales. Dimension Pro allows each element in a program to use a specific microtuning definition, so multiple microtuning sets can be used in a single patch.
- MIDI Learn: Adding to Dimension Pro's advanced MIDI control customization features, users can now assign any knob on screen to any MIDI controller event, including Aftertouch and Pitch Bend. In addition, multiple controllers can be assigned to a single parameter or vice-versa.
- Master FX: New reverb algorithms have been added to the Master FX section providing seven reverb modes on output: Small Room, Mid Room, Large Room, Small Hall, Mid Hall, Large Hall and Chamber.
- Insert FX: The new reverb modes have also been added to the Insert FX section. Additionally, a distortion algorithm has been added, letting you warm or degrade your sounds with gritty and screaming textures.
- Copy/Paste Element FX: Dimension Pro now allows you to copy/paste Insert FX settings between Elements.
The Dimension Pro 1.1 Update will be available Q1, 2006 as a free download to registered Dimension Pro customers.
16 Apr 2014 Cakewalk Offers Discounted Upgrades to SONAR X3
20 Mar 2014 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3e Update
12 Mar 2014 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X3e Update
21 Feb 2014 Cakewalk releases Z3TA+ for iOS
05 Jan 2014 Cakewalk SONAR X3 now available on Steam
18 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases Free SONAR X3d Update
02 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases ScratchPad for iPad
31 Oct 2013 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3c Update
22 Oct 2013 Cakewalk announces SONAR X3c Update
19 Sep 2013 Cakewalk seeks to hire Plug-in Developer
18 Jun 2013 Cakewalk Z3ta+ 2 Promo: 30% Off
15 Apr 2013 Detunized introduces Universal Formats
13 Oct 2009 Chicken Systems releases Instrument Manager
09 Feb 2006 Smart Loops Launches SL Sample Sets (Drums)