29th March 2006
Cakewalk has announced a free update for Dimension Pro - the v1.2 update will be available early April 2006 as a free download to registered Dimension Pro customers. Originally announced at Winter NAMM 2006 as the 1.1 update, the comprehensive 1.2 update now encompasses all the 1.1 update features, with the addition of Intel enabled Mac support.
1.2 Update Highlights:
- Intel Enabled Mac Support - Dimension Pro 1.2 is a Universal application, which means it's designed to run natively on the latest generation of Intel-based Mac Systems, along with PowerPC-based Macs, and Intel-based and AMD-based PCs.
- RTAS Support - Dimension Pro now provides native plug-in support through RTAS for Pro Tools 7.0 and above (Mac) and Pro Tools 6.0 and above (Windows).
- x64-capable DXi format - Dimension Pro's updated DXi plug-in runs natively in SONAR 5 on Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and Intel EM64T and AMD x64 chipsets. In addition to increased processing performance under x64, a primary benefit to Dimension Pro's x64 implementation is the access of up to 128 GB of RAM which will allow for more simultaneous instances of Dimension Pro running larger program banks.
- REX support - Dimension Pro can now load REX format loops, as well as .sfz format grooves files in any element, in addition to the standard .sfz multi-sample format.
- Microtuning and Alternate tuning with Scala file support - Dimension Pro can now load native Scala .scl microtuning files. Scala is a powerful freeware software tool for use of alternative musical tunings, such as, equal and historical temperaments, and just intonated, microtonal, macrotonal, and non-Western scales. Dimension Pro allows each element in a program to use a specific microtuning definition, so multiple microtuning sets can be used in a single patch.
- MIDI Learn - Adding to Dimension Pro's advanced MIDI control customization features, users can now assign any knob on screen to any MIDI controller event, including Aftertouch and Pitch Bend. In addition, multiple controllers can be assigned to a single parameter or vice-versa.
- Master FX - New reverb algorithms have been added to the Master FX section providing seven reverb modes on output: Small Room, Mid Room, Large Room, Small Hall, Mid Hall, Large Hall and Chamber.
- Insert FX - The new reverb modes have also been added to the Insert FX section. Additionally, a distortion algorithm has been added, letting you warm or degrade your sounds with textures ranging from gritty to screaming.
- Copy/Paste Element FX - Dimension Pro now allows you to copy/paste Insert FX settings between Elements.
The Dimension Pro 1.2 Update will be available early April 2006 as a free download to registered Dimension Pro customers.
20 Dec 2012 Cakewalk updates Z3TA+ for Mac to v2.1.1
25 Sep 2012 Cakewalk releases SONAR X2
28 Jun 2012 Michael Hoover named new President of Cakewalk
06 Mar 2012 Cakewalk releases SONAR X1d update
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X1 Producer Crossgrade
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk announces SONAR X1d update
05 Oct 2011 Cakewalk updates Z3TA+ to v2.1
15 Apr 2013 Detunized introduces Universal Formats
13 Oct 2009 Chicken Systems releases Instrument Manager
09 Feb 2006 Smart Loops Launches SL Sample Sets (Drums)