Project5 1.5 Highlights
P-SEQ updated with Centralized Step-Sequencer mode - This provides the most powerful step sequencer environment available today. A centralized editing view that adds the features of a hardware-style step sequencing to the existing piano roll style interface. The new mode within P-SEQ expands on features that were previously exclusive to the SYNCHRON32 MFX plug-in, bundled with Project5. Features include:
- Global step resolution
- New note attributes including tie, legato, flam, and gate
- Fast and intuitive mouse driven control
- Transparent overlay of automation over note data
- Loop record modes
Track Patches - The new "patch-saving" capability in Project5 1.5 greatly speeds workflow with "one-click" track setup. Users can save a track's instrument, effects chain, and plug-ins' respective settings - all as a single preset. Users can then load all settings simply by clicking on the patch name. These files appear as additional insert options in the plug-in insertion menu in Project5.
Users can create and organize their patch menus based on instrument type rather than manufacturer, such as by basses, leads, pads, kits, etc. Additionally, because the patch file is portable, users can easily share files via email or through the Project5 online community.
Resource Browser - The Resource Browser provides a custom tree view that accesses Project5 patterns and .wav files existing anywhere on the user's system. The Resource Browser can also be conveniently docked to the side of the application, allowing users to expand or hide it as needed. Features include:
- Multiple shortcuts providing quick access to files that exist on other hard drives or a network.
- Dedicated start/stop preview control providing an elegant way to audition each media file and/or multiple files simultaneously from multiple directories, before import into a project.
- Preview all files in sync with project tempo.
- Preview patterns with patched synth of your choice.
Bypass Outputs - Track control functionality is extended to allow users to easily bypass unused synth outputs in a project, significantly reducing CPU load.
Pricing and Availability
The Project5 v1.5 Update will be available free for download to registered Project5 users January 30, 2004 at www.cakewalk.com. Project5 has a manufacturer's SRP (MSRP) of $429 USD.