14th January 2010
Cakewalk has announces the launch of the A-PRO Series of USB MIDI Controller keyboards. The A-300 Pro, A-500 Pro and A-800 Pro are a brand new line of keyboard controllers developed in conjunction with Roland.
The A-PRO series focuses on intuitive real-time performance and ergonomic playability, making it an ideal controller for soft synths in a live or studio setting. This new line combines the best of both worlds: Cakewalk's ease of use and Roland's engineering and keyboard expertise. The respective keyboards are:
- A-300 Pro - A 32-key USB MIDI keyboard.
- A-500 Pro - A 49-key USB MIDI keyboard.
- A-800 Pro - A 61-key USB MIDI keyboard.
All A-PRO series keyboard controllers feature:
The feel of a Roland-quality Instrument:
- A superior key mechanism providing aftertouch and increased sensitivity for a wide range of expressive dynamics.
- Rounded key assemblies for smooth and comfortable glissando.
- Selectable velocity curves to fine tune the A-PRO to your playing style.
- Roland's proprietary FPT (Fast Processing Technology) USB driver provides ultra-low latency and ensures subtleties of performances are captured.
Eight Dynamic Pads:
- Precise velocity sensitivity makes the A-PRO a formidable controller for finger drumming.
- Hold function is perfect for triggering loops and sequences.
Ergonomic design puts everything at your fingertips:
- Ultra-bright, backlit LED display makes it easy to monitor settings, especially when on stage.
- Controls and onboard settings are easily accessible and intelligently laid out.
- Over 45 fully assignable controls, including knobs, sliders, and buttons.
- Dedicated Transport section.
- Sure-grip Pitch Bend/Modulation Stick offers expressive control of both parameters simultaneously.
- Easy and streamlined connection with side panel ports.
- A-300PRO Editor for Mac OS X and Windows makes it a breeze to customize the controller for use with your favorite synth or DAW.
- When working in ACT (Active Controller Technology) mode, DAWs like the included SONAR LE will remap parameters automatically.
- Trigger clips, video effects and transitions from your A-PRO musical performance using any video hardware with V-LINK support.
- Expand playability with Sustain & Expression Pedals (available separately).
The Production Plus Pack:
- Three virtual instruments for Mac & Win:
- Rapture LE
- Cakewalk Sound Center
- Studio Instruments Drums
- SONAR 8.5 LE, a special version of Cakewalk's professional recording software for Windows
Also making its debut is the A-500S, an inexpensive 49-key USB MIDI keyboard that shares many of the same design elements as the A-PRO series keyboards. The A-500S comes with the Production Pack Plus 3 software bundle. It has three power options - USB, AC and also battery (4 x AA) - and features a 3-digit, 7-segment LED screen to easily monitor settings. Compact and portable, the A-500S is perfect for anyone making music at home or in a project studio with a computer, academic settings needing great sound at low cost, or live performances and mobile recording applications.
The A-PRO series and A-500S will be available at select music and sound retailers worldwide in late April, 2010. Local prices may vary, please check with your local Cakewalk distributor, or your local retailer for more details.
02 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases ScratchPad for iPad
31 Oct 2013 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3c Update
22 Oct 2013 Cakewalk announces SONAR X3c Update
19 Sep 2013 Cakewalk seeks to hire Plug-in Developer
18 Jun 2013 Cakewalk Z3ta+ 2 Promo: 30% Off
20 Dec 2012 Cakewalk updates Z3TA+ for Mac to v2.1.1
25 Sep 2012 Cakewalk releases SONAR X2
14 Oct 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v188.8.131.52
24 Jul 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v184.108.40.206
13 May 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v220.127.116.11
02 Dec 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v18.104.22.168
09 Sep 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v22.214.171.124
17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt
21 Mar 2012 Roland unveils Jupiter-50 Synthesizer