18th January 2007
Cakewalk has officially announced the upcoming features for Project5 v2.5.
- Active Controller Technology (ACT).
- Control surface support.
- Multiple audio input/output support.
- Integrated VST hosting without need for adapter.
- Pre- and post- effect sends.
- Input Quantize.
- Integrated MIDI output.
- 3rd-party audio editor support.
- Improved automation.
- Independent track sizing.
- User interface enhancements.
- Dimension Pro LE (with REX support).
- Microsoft Windows Vista compatibility.
Cakewalk has been taking an even more active role with the Project5 community by establishing a development blog which keeps users up-to-date on the newest features and their implementation. With this blog, customers can speak directly to the developers working on Project5, and participation is highly encouraged. Work is underway on a new Project5.com website and Cakewalk is committed to another free update later this year.
Project5 Version 2.5 will be available as a free download to registered Project5 Version 2.x customers in April 2007.