7th September 2005
- PSYN II subtractive synth, Pentagon I vintage analog synth, Roland GrooveSynth, SFZ SoundFont sampler, RXP REX Player groove box.
- Pure Space Convolution Reverb.
- Updated MIDI FX plug-ins.
- SONAR 5 ships as both a 32-bit and 64-bit application with the 64-bit double precision floating point engine being accessible in both versions.
- BitBridge enables 32-bit VST effects and instruments in SONAR's 64-bit environment.
- Roland V-Vocal Variphrase vocal editing technology.
- Track Templates and Track Icons.
- Native VST support now built into SONAR 5.
- Enhanced Track Layers for even more comping and editing power.
- Integrated inline audio and MIDI editing, arranging, and mixing all in one view.
- MIDI sequencing enhancements including advanced step recording.
- Plug-ins and Edit views may be docked and tabbed right in the Track View for easy access when arranging, editing or mixing your project.
- Envelope automation drawing enhanced with tempo-sync patterns, freehand, more.
- Object-oriented clip-based effects and editing including per-clip effects bin, clip-based effect automation, and more.
- Enhanced Group Editing and Group Manager.
- Remove DC offset during recording.
- Bus and synth waveform preview to give you the visual feedback you need to fix it in the mix through markers that display overs and peaks.
- Video output to 1394 FireWire devices for high quality viewing with lower CPU and disk usage.
SONAR 5 will be shipping in late September and will be available at select music retailers in early October. Registered Cakewalk customers in the US and Canada can pre-order their upgrade today. Registered Cakewalk customers outside the US and Canada will be able to pre-order their upgrade directly through Cakewalk later this month.