Cakewalk has announced that the VS-700C V-Studio Console is now available separately as a control surface for SONAR 8 Producer.
The SONAR V-Studio 700 system was the first joint Cakewalk and Roland product. In response to many requests from the SONAR community the VS-700C control surface from that system is now available separately.
Matched with SONAR 8 Producer, VS-700C provides deep hardware/software integration, offering fluid control over all aspects of SONAR 8 Producer's creative, editing, and mixing capabilities, maximizing workflow and productivity.
The VS-700C's dedicated implementation of ACT (Active Controller Technology) dynamically remaps controls based on how the user is working in SONAR. Also, with the press of a button, the VS-700C provides instant control over any V-Link compatible video and imaging hardware, including the EDIROL DV-7 line of direct linear video editing systems.
- Nine 100mm touch-sensitive, motorized faders arranged in a bank of eight channel strips with a master channel.
- Users can tab between fader banks and lock/unlock tracks and buses to faders for maximum efficiency when mixing large projects.
- Channel Branch Mode is an innovative new mixing mode, where Channel Strip 1 will control the volume of a selected track while the remaining channels control the associated sends for that track.
- One-level undo for all faders and encoders, using the 'Revert to' feature.
- Total control over SONAR 8 mute and solo functionality including Dim Solo, Exclusive Solo, and Layer Mute/Solo.
EQ, Send, ACT Section:
- Dedicated section of 12 continuous push-button rotary encoders that can be used for EQ, Sends, or ACT control.
- When controlling EQ, the rotary encoders edit four stages of parametric EQ gain, frequency, and Q for whichever channel has the focus.
- In ACT mode, encoders automatically remap to control effect, instrument, or mix parameters of whatever view or plug-in has focus within SONAR.
Surround and Video Implementation:
- Full surround implementation with Joystick Panner, F/R Balance, LFE Send, and Width controls.
- Multifunction T-bar for surround F/R balance and video hardware control.
- Automate multiple surround parameters simultaneously.
- Control video mixers/editors/presenters that support V-LINK protocol.
Access, Project Navigation, Editing:
- Control plug-in for SONAR provides user-definable presets that change the functionality of the VS-700C depending on tasks or workflow preferences.
- Access Panel provides one-button functionality to call up different views and utilities; allows custom assignments from over 45 SONAR commands.
- Joystick can move plug-in windows around your screen.
- In addition to F/R balance and Video hardware control, the T-Bar offers: X-Ray option to fade plug-in windows in/out to allow access to the views below and the T-Bar can also be used as a dedicated ACT controller.
- Complete SONAR transport functionality not available from any other control surface, including Audition, Rewind, Fast Forward, RTZ/GTE, and Pause.
- Jog and shuttle wheels and Free Edit cursors for project navigation, scrubbing and zoom; provides complete scroll and zoom functionality, including flyover mode which lets you navigate around a project.
- Use jog wheel to move, crop and fade clip(s), as well as time-stretch.
- Select clips and time ranges, even across tracks and layers.
- Split and mute clips with the touch of a button.
- Insert, delete, bypass and control any VST effect from the control surface.
- Mackie Control protocol support, provides basic compatibility (transport, faders, jog/shuttle, etc.) with other Windows DAWs.
- A 2 x 13 LCD display for track names, parameter values, and markers.
- 7 Segment LCD display for time-code and now time position.
- Responsive metering for each channel.
More about SONAR V-Studio 700
SONAR V-Studio 700 addresses the gap between under-powered 'budget' solutions and over-priced competitive solutions by offering a feature-rich music production system that is accessible by a broad range of users.
SONAR customers who purchase the VS-700C can later purchase the VS-700R I/O to experience the full benefits offered by the complete SONAR V-Studio 700 system, which includes hardware control of the VS-700R from the VS-700C, 19 input channels, 8 digitally-controlled mic pres with compression on each channel, and onboard Fantom VS synthesizer featuring 1,400 patches with ARX expansion board capability, among many other features.
Availability of VS-700C
VS-700C console for SONAR Producer is now shipping and available through Roland and EDIROL distribution partners and select retailers worldwide. Local prices may vary – please check with your local Roland or EDIROL distributor, or to find availability in your area using the dealer locator, please visit www.sonarvstudio.com