Cakewalk has announced that the VS-700C V-Studio Console is now available separately as a control surface for SONAR 8 Producer.
The SONAR V-Studio 700 system was the first joint Cakewalk and Roland product. In response to many requests from the SONAR community the VS-700C control surface from that system is now available separately.
Matched with SONAR 8 Producer, VS-700C provides deep hardware/software integration, offering fluid control over all aspects of SONAR 8 Producer's creative, editing, and mixing capabilities, maximizing workflow and productivity.
The VS-700C's dedicated implementation of ACT (Active Controller Technology) dynamically remaps controls based on how the user is working in SONAR. Also, with the press of a button, the VS-700C provides instant control over any V-Link compatible video and imaging hardware, including the EDIROL DV-7 line of direct linear video editing systems.
- Nine 100mm touch-sensitive, motorized faders arranged in a bank of eight channel strips with a master channel.
- Users can tab between fader banks and lock/unlock tracks and buses to faders for maximum efficiency when mixing large projects.
- Channel Branch Mode is an innovative new mixing mode, where Channel Strip 1 will control the volume of a selected track while the remaining channels control the associated sends for that track.
- One-level undo for all faders and encoders, using the 'Revert to' feature.
- Total control over SONAR 8 mute and solo functionality including Dim Solo, Exclusive Solo, and Layer Mute/Solo.
EQ, Send, ACT Section:
- Dedicated section of 12 continuous push-button rotary encoders that can be used for EQ, Sends, or ACT control.
- When controlling EQ, the rotary encoders edit four stages of parametric EQ gain, frequency, and Q for whichever channel has the focus.
- In ACT mode, encoders automatically remap to control effect, instrument, or mix parameters of whatever view or plug-in has focus within SONAR.
Surround and Video Implementation:
- Full surround implementation with Joystick Panner, F/R Balance, LFE Send, and Width controls.
- Multifunction T-bar for surround F/R balance and video hardware control.
- Automate multiple surround parameters simultaneously.
- Control video mixers/editors/presenters that support V-LINK protocol.
Access, Project Navigation, Editing:
- Control plug-in for SONAR provides user-definable presets that change the functionality of the VS-700C depending on tasks or workflow preferences.
- Access Panel provides one-button functionality to call up different views and utilities; allows custom assignments from over 45 SONAR commands.
- Joystick can move plug-in windows around your screen.
- In addition to F/R balance and Video hardware control, the T-Bar offers: X-Ray option to fade plug-in windows in/out to allow access to the views below and the T-Bar can also be used as a dedicated ACT controller.
- Complete SONAR transport functionality not available from any other control surface, including Audition, Rewind, Fast Forward, RTZ/GTE, and Pause.
- Jog and shuttle wheels and Free Edit cursors for project navigation, scrubbing and zoom; provides complete scroll and zoom functionality, including flyover mode which lets you navigate around a project.
- Use jog wheel to move, crop and fade clip(s), as well as time-stretch.
- Select clips and time ranges, even across tracks and layers.
- Split and mute clips with the touch of a button.
- Insert, delete, bypass and control any VST effect from the control surface.
- Mackie Control protocol support, provides basic compatibility (transport, faders, jog/shuttle, etc.) with other Windows DAWs.
- A 2 x 13 LCD display for track names, parameter values, and markers.
- 7 Segment LCD display for time-code and now time position.
- Responsive metering for each channel.
More about SONAR V-Studio 700
SONAR V-Studio 700 addresses the gap between under-powered 'budget' solutions and over-priced competitive solutions by offering a feature-rich music production system that is accessible by a broad range of users.
SONAR customers who purchase the VS-700C can later purchase the VS-700R I/O to experience the full benefits offered by the complete SONAR V-Studio 700 system, which includes hardware control of the VS-700R from the VS-700C, 19 input channels, 8 digitally-controlled mic pres with compression on each channel, and onboard Fantom VS synthesizer featuring 1,400 patches with ARX expansion board capability, among many other features.
Availability of VS-700C
VS-700C console for SONAR Producer is now shipping and available through Roland and EDIROL distribution partners and select retailers worldwide. Local prices may vary – please check with your local Roland or EDIROL distributor, or to find availability in your area using the dealer locator, please visit www.sonarvstudio.com
02 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases ScratchPad for iPad
31 Oct 2013 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3c Update
22 Oct 2013 Cakewalk announces SONAR X3c Update
19 Sep 2013 Cakewalk seeks to hire Plug-in Developer
18 Jun 2013 Cakewalk Z3ta+ 2 Promo: 30% Off
20 Dec 2012 Cakewalk updates Z3TA+ for Mac to v2.1.1
25 Sep 2012 Cakewalk releases SONAR X2
14 Oct 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v18.104.22.168
24 Jul 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v22.214.171.124
13 May 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v126.96.36.199
02 Dec 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v188.8.131.52
09 Sep 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v184.108.40.206
17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt
21 Mar 2012 Roland unveils Jupiter-50 Synthesizer
22 Aug 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v220.127.116.11
05 Aug 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v18.104.22.168
25 Jul 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v22.214.171.124