Cakewalk has announced that its new line of cable-based interfaces is now shipping worldwide. The UA-1G USB audio interface, and UM-1G, UM-2G, and UM-3G MIDI interfaces are compact and affordable products that are suited to a wide range of digital music creators – from hobbyists to professionals – who need to connect multiple instruments, MIDI devices or other equipment to a computer. Each product is Mac OS X and Windows compatible and USB-bus powered and require no AC adaptor, so affording users enhanced mobility for recording on the go.
- Perfect for use with a laptop in mobile or portable environments, whether it's the tour bus, hotel lobby, rehearsal studio or even at home
- Hobbyists can use the UA-1G to record tapes or vinyl to a computer, or for higher-quality audio connection of their computer to their home entertainment system
- 24-bit/96kHz audio quality
- Low latency ASIO 2.0 performance (PC); UA-1G is also WDM (Windows Vista, Windows XP) and Core Audio (Mac OS X) compatible
- Large Input Level knob for easy control while recording
- Includes Cakewalk's SONAR LE digital audio workstation for high-quality music recording, mixing, editing, and publishing.
- Contains high-end A-D and D-A converters for accurate recording and playback.
- An electric condenser microphone input that's similar to, but higher quality than, the 'MIC-IN' on most internal soundcard.
- Headphone output with volume control to quickly and easily listen to audio from your computer.
- A 1/4" jack with Hi-Z switch option, which is ideal for recording high-impedance instruments like electric guitar or bass.
- S/PDIF optical I/O.
Three MIDI Interfaces
The new UM-1G, UM-2G, and UM-3G MIDI interfaces are designed to be affordable solutions to easily connect MIDI devices with a computer through a USB connection. Each MIDI interface:
- Is Mac and PC compatible.
- Is a compact, cable-style interface with a sleek form factor.
- Conveniently incorporates an independent MIDI Out/Thru hardware selection switch for each output, providing functionality even if your computer is turned off.
- Provides FPT (Fast Processing Technology) for fast, stable MIDI data transmission, as well as lower latency performance through FPT's Advance Driver mode.
- Offers standard OS-based driver mode for instant connection to computers, even when drivers are not available.
Price & Availability
Recommended retail prices for the UM-1G, UM-2G and UM-3G MIDI interfaces will be £44.99, £54.99 and £84.99 respectively. The UA-1G USB Audio interface is available at a RRP of £94.99.
UM-1G in detail:
- 1-In/1-Out MIDI port with LED indicators for MIDI I/O signal monitoring.
- MIDI Check switch for quick troubleshooting of MIDI connections.
- MIDI cables are engraved with 'Connect to MIDI In' and 'Connect to MIDI Out' labels for no confusion when connecting devices.
- Perfect for hobbyists who want to connect a MIDI keyboard to a computer, or musicians who need MIDI connectivity to control or record music with a computer.
- Ideal for small studios or academic settings where only one MIDI device will be connected in close proximity to the computer.
- In live performance settings, use the UM-1G to control a synth, drum machine, MIDI light set-up, or master recording console.
UM-2G in detail:
- Features 2-In/2-Out MIDI ports for 32 channels of MIDI to control hardware and software.
- Provides ability to connect multiple MIDI keyboards, sound modules, control surfaces, and other devices to a computer.
- Ideal for musicians, producers or recording engineers with more than one MIDI device in a small studio or portable MIDI configuration.
UM-3G in detail:
- 3-In/3-Out MIDI Ports.
- Control up to 48 channels of MIDI equipment.
- Expandable design allows you to daisy-chain up to three UM-3G interfaces, providing nine total MIDI inputs and outputs without the need for additional USB Ports.
- Advanced Driver mode uses FPT (Fast Processing Technology) to ensure low-latency, even with three UM-3G interfaces daisy-chained together.
- Up to 3 units can be rack-mounted via Roland RAF-70 kit, available separately.
- Ideal MIDI interface for the mid- to larger-sized studio.
- Out or Thru selectable switches built-in; select between MIDI Out and MIDI Thru for each output port.
- Great for live settings using multiple MIDI applications, including traditional instruments, synths, sequencers and live sound, lighting, and special effects.