Cakewalk has announced that its new line of cable-based interfaces is now shipping worldwide. The UA-1G USB audio interface, and UM-1G, UM-2G, and UM-3G MIDI interfaces are compact and affordable products that are suited to a wide range of digital music creators – from hobbyists to professionals – who need to connect multiple instruments, MIDI devices or other equipment to a computer. Each product is Mac OS X and Windows compatible and USB-bus powered and require no AC adaptor, so affording users enhanced mobility for recording on the go.
- Perfect for use with a laptop in mobile or portable environments, whether it's the tour bus, hotel lobby, rehearsal studio or even at home
- Hobbyists can use the UA-1G to record tapes or vinyl to a computer, or for higher-quality audio connection of their computer to their home entertainment system
- 24-bit/96kHz audio quality
- Low latency ASIO 2.0 performance (PC); UA-1G is also WDM (Windows Vista, Windows XP) and Core Audio (Mac OS X) compatible
- Large Input Level knob for easy control while recording
- Includes Cakewalk's SONAR LE digital audio workstation for high-quality music recording, mixing, editing, and publishing.
- Contains high-end A-D and D-A converters for accurate recording and playback.
- An electric condenser microphone input that's similar to, but higher quality than, the 'MIC-IN' on most internal soundcard.
- Headphone output with volume control to quickly and easily listen to audio from your computer.
- A 1/4" jack with Hi-Z switch option, which is ideal for recording high-impedance instruments like electric guitar or bass.
- S/PDIF optical I/O.
Three MIDI Interfaces
The new UM-1G, UM-2G, and UM-3G MIDI interfaces are designed to be affordable solutions to easily connect MIDI devices with a computer through a USB connection. Each MIDI interface:
- Is Mac and PC compatible.
- Is a compact, cable-style interface with a sleek form factor.
- Conveniently incorporates an independent MIDI Out/Thru hardware selection switch for each output, providing functionality even if your computer is turned off.
- Provides FPT (Fast Processing Technology) for fast, stable MIDI data transmission, as well as lower latency performance through FPT's Advance Driver mode.
- Offers standard OS-based driver mode for instant connection to computers, even when drivers are not available.
Price & Availability
Recommended retail prices for the UM-1G, UM-2G and UM-3G MIDI interfaces will be £44.99, £54.99 and £84.99 respectively. The UA-1G USB Audio interface is available at a RRP of £94.99.
UM-1G in detail:
- 1-In/1-Out MIDI port with LED indicators for MIDI I/O signal monitoring.
- MIDI Check switch for quick troubleshooting of MIDI connections.
- MIDI cables are engraved with 'Connect to MIDI In' and 'Connect to MIDI Out' labels for no confusion when connecting devices.
- Perfect for hobbyists who want to connect a MIDI keyboard to a computer, or musicians who need MIDI connectivity to control or record music with a computer.
- Ideal for small studios or academic settings where only one MIDI device will be connected in close proximity to the computer.
- In live performance settings, use the UM-1G to control a synth, drum machine, MIDI light set-up, or master recording console.
UM-2G in detail:
- Features 2-In/2-Out MIDI ports for 32 channels of MIDI to control hardware and software.
- Provides ability to connect multiple MIDI keyboards, sound modules, control surfaces, and other devices to a computer.
- Ideal for musicians, producers or recording engineers with more than one MIDI device in a small studio or portable MIDI configuration.
UM-3G in detail:
- 3-In/3-Out MIDI Ports.
- Control up to 48 channels of MIDI equipment.
- Expandable design allows you to daisy-chain up to three UM-3G interfaces, providing nine total MIDI inputs and outputs without the need for additional USB Ports.
- Advanced Driver mode uses FPT (Fast Processing Technology) to ensure low-latency, even with three UM-3G interfaces daisy-chained together.
- Up to 3 units can be rack-mounted via Roland RAF-70 kit, available separately.
- Ideal MIDI interface for the mid- to larger-sized studio.
- Out or Thru selectable switches built-in; select between MIDI Out and MIDI Thru for each output port.
- Great for live settings using multiple MIDI applications, including traditional instruments, synths, sequencers and live sound, lighting, and special effects.
21 Feb 2014 Cakewalk releases Z3TA+ for iOS
05 Jan 2014 Cakewalk SONAR X3 now available on Steam
18 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases Free SONAR X3d Update
02 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases ScratchPad for iPad
31 Oct 2013 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3c Update
22 Oct 2013 Cakewalk announces SONAR X3c Update
19 Sep 2013 Cakewalk seeks to hire Plug-in Developer
18 Jun 2013 Cakewalk Z3ta+ 2 Promo: 30% Off