7th April 2006
Cakewalk has released the recently announced version 1.2 update for Dimension Pro. This update provides several new features, usability and performance enhancements and bug fixes.
- Intel Enabled Mac Support: A new AU package file provides full compatibility on Intel-based Mac Systems.
- RTAS Support: RTAS package provides native plug-in support through RTAS for Pro Tools 7.0 and above (Mac) and Pro Tools 6.0 and above (Windows).
- x64-capable DXi format: Dimension Pro's updated DXi plug-in runs natively in SONAR 5 on new Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and Intel EM64T and AMD x64 chipsets. In addition to increased processing performance under x64, a primary benefit to Dimension Pro's x64 implementation is the access of up to 128 GB of RAM which will allow for more simultaneous instances of Dimension Pro running larger program banks.
- REX support: Dimension Pro can now load REX format loops, as well as .sfz format grooves files in any element, in addition to the standard .sfz multi-sample format.
- Microtuning and Alternate tuning with Scala file support: Dimension Pro can now load native Scala .scl microtuning files.
- MIDI Learn: Assign any knob on screen to any MIDI controller event, including Aftertouch and Pitch Bend.
- Master FX: New reverb algorithms have been added to the Master FX section providing seven reverb modes on output: Small Room, Mid Room, Large Room, Small Hall, Mid Hall, Large Hall and Chamber.
- Insert FX: The new reverb modes have also been added to the Insert FX section. Additionally, a distortion algorithm has been added, letting you warm or degrade your sounds with textures ranging from gritty to screaming.
- Copy/Paste Element FX: Dimension Pro now allows you to copy/paste Insert FX settings between Elements.
21 Feb 2014 Cakewalk releases Z3TA+ for iOS
05 Jan 2014 Cakewalk SONAR X3 now available on Steam
18 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases Free SONAR X3d Update
02 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases ScratchPad for iPad
31 Oct 2013 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3c Update
22 Oct 2013 Cakewalk announces SONAR X3c Update
19 Sep 2013 Cakewalk seeks to hire Plug-in Developer
18 Jun 2013 Cakewalk Z3ta+ 2 Promo: 30% Off
15 Apr 2013 Detunized introduces Universal Formats
13 Oct 2009 Chicken Systems releases Instrument Manager
09 Feb 2006 Smart Loops Launches SL Sample Sets (Drums)