Cakewalk releases Rapture v1.1 (incl. x64)
6th March 2007
6th March 2007
Cakewalk has released version 1.1 of Rapture, including native x64 support.
- Native Windows Vista Support: Rapture is now fully Windows Vista compliant, in all Vista editions.
- 64-bit Windows binaries in DXi and VSTi formats: Rapture will now install the 64-bit VSTi in 64-bit Windows versions (XP, Vista), for use in compatible 64-bit VST hosts (such as SONAR).
- Universal Binary compatible components for all formats: Rapture can now be loaded in both PowerPC and Intel equipped Macs in Audio Units (AU), VSTi, and ProTools (RTAS) formats. The VSTi format has been updated to version 2.4, and supports now composite and non-composite windows in OSX hosts.
- Stand-Alone Microhost (Windows 32-bit/64-bit, OSX): Rapture can now be used as a Stand-Alone instrument thanks to the included Microhost (Windows x86: VST / ASIO, Windows x64: VST x64 / ASIO, OSX PPC: Audio Units / CoreMIDI / CoreAudio, OSX Intel: Audio Units / CoreMIDI / CoreAudio).
- Updated RTAS format: The ProTools RTAS version of Rapture has been updated to version 7.3 (Fully compatible with ProTools 7.3 on Windows and OSX).
- Multiple stage DSP section: The old Decimator / Bit Reduction / Drive / Two Filters DSP chain has been replaced with a dynamic Three Stage / Two Filters arrangement. The new arrangement allows the repetition of DSP transforms (i.e. It is now possible to load three Decimator stages, within a single DSP section).
- New DSP transforms: Six new DSP transforms have been added: Soft Clip, Hard Clip, Warp, Break, Rectify and Width.
- New DSP and Filters routings: There are now 14 different routing options, including many serial and parallel configurations.
- New Filters: Rapture now features another variety of filters, State-Variable. They come in Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass and Band Rejection flavors.
- Tempo-Synchronized Envelope Generators: All Envelope Generators can now sync to host tempo, in any integer, dotted or triplet division. Sync mode is enabled by the new 'Sync' text selector on each Envelope Generator.
- Snap mode for Envelope Generators: This feature is perfect for the construction of rhythmic envelopes, in combination with tempo-synced envelope generators. Snap mode is activated from the Envelope Generator context menu (clicking on the top of the Envelope Generator), or using the 'P' keystroke. When Snap mode is engaged, nodes will stick to vertical divisions.
- 'Shot' mode added to the Step Generators: As previously featured in the LFO section, Step Generators now have a single 'Shot' mode. When this mode is engaged, the Step Generators will pass thru all defined step values only once, then stop.
- 'Step' mode added to the Step Generators: When activated, the Step Generators will cycle through the defined step values on successive Note-On events.
- New Step Generator options: Available in the Step Generators menu:
- Normalize Steps: Will expand the dynamics for the current Step Generator pattern to fit in the maximum available range.
- Copy Shape from LFO: Will bring the LFO shape from the currently selected modulator into the Step Generator, including the LFO phase setting.
- Extract Shape From Sample File: This interesting new feature will calculate the amplitude envelope of any sample file (WAV/AIFF/OGG), and set it into the selected Envelope Generator.
- New MIDI Learn functionality: The MIDI Learn component has been enhanced to offer several new features:
- Add/Remove MIDI Control: Controls can now be manually added or removed to the list.
- Per-Control Min/Max/Reverse: Besides the old per-parameter Min/Max/Reverse, now each parameter can be assigned to multiple controls, and each control can have its own Min/Max/Reverse values.
- Multiple MIDI Configurations: Rapture now offers ten different MIDI user configurations to pick from. Ideal to adapt Rapture to multiple hardware rigs without having to learn every control again.
- MIDI Learn added to Up/Down and Text Selectors: All Up/Down and Text Selectors can now be learned (shift+right click).
- MIDI Learn added to the X-Y pad: The X-Y pad can now be MIDI learned. (shift+right click) to open the MIDI Learn menu.
- Previous/Next Program buttons: Useful when browsing programs, Previous/Next Program buttons are now available in the main Rapture editor page. If no program is loaded, Next/Previous will bring the first/last available program in the browser. After a program is loaded, use the Previous/Next buttons to cycle thru all programs in the selected category.
- Several new Drop-Down menus: For convenience, several parameters now have a drop-down menus.
- Mouse scrolling enabled for wavetable navigation: Wavetable browsing now has mouse wheel scrolling support for faster navigation.
- Reduced memory usage, faster loading times: Rapture will now consume about 40 MB of system memory for the first instance (47 MB in 1.0), and 18 MB for every subsequent instance (23 MB per-instance in 1.0). Additionally, wavetables used in multiple elements are now reused, reducing both the memory required and the loading/creation time.
Other Related News
22 Jan 2015 Cakewalk announces ProChannel support for Boz Digital Labs +10db David Bendeth Signature Series Compressor Plug-in14 Jan 2015 Cakewalk announces New SONAR19 Aug 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Z3ta+ iOS on sale for $14.9919 Aug 2014 Cakewalk updates Z3TA+ for iOS to v1.309 Jul 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Free Melodyne Video With Cakewalk SONAR X3 Studio and Producer04 Jul 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Cakewalk offers 50% off Music Creator, Z3TA+, Rapture, Dimension Pro and more23 May 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Cakewalk Savings Festival - Save 25% or more14 May 2014 Cakewalk updates ScratchPad for iPad to v1.214 May 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Cakewalk ScratchPad for iOS $1.99 for limited time (originally $7.99)29 Apr 2014 Cakewalk updates Z3TA+ iOS for iPad to v1.1 - MIDI and performance enhancements16 Apr 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Cakewalk Offers Discounted Upgrades to SONAR X320 Mar 2014 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3e Update12 Mar 2014 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X3e Update21 Feb 2014 Cakewalk releases Z3TA+ for iOS17 Feb 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Cakewalk Groove 3 SONAR X3 Explained Video free with SONAR X3 during Feb 201417 Feb 2014 Cakewalk Releases Gibson EB 5-String Bass Expansion Pack for Dimension Pro24 Jan 2014 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3 Producer Trial Version23 Jan 2014 Cakewalk Announces Z3TA+ iOS Music Synthesizer for iPad05 Jan 2014 Cakewalk SONAR X3 now available on Steam
22 Aug 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Plugin Boutique Flash Friday Sale: Save up to 85% on Cakewalk Synths15 Jan 2015 Westgatesounds.net releases Voyages 114 Nov 2014 Westgatesounds.net releases Wusik - Out Of The Box (OOTB)12 Jun 2014 Westgatesounds releases "Anomaly XX - Wasteland" Haunting Sample Collection12 Apr 2013 Westgatesounds.net releases Anomaly XVI - Multi-Format Sound Expansion28 Jan 2013 Westgatesounds.net releases Anomaly XV - Multi-Format Sound Expansion21 May 2012 Westgatesounds.net releases Anomaly XIII - Multi-Format Sound Expansion07 Jul 2011 Les Productions Zvon offers Summer Bundles05 Jul 2011 Elemental Arts releases Analog Universe - Memories sfz library for Alchemy, Rapture and Dimension Pro15 May 2011 fisound releases Universal 120 v2.0 for Cakewalk Rapture19 Jul 2010 Digital Sound Factory releases Electronica Ignited Expansion Packs for Rapture23 Jul 2009 fisound releases Universal 120 for Rapture26 Aug 2008 Galbanum releases Second Coming Rapture Expansion02 Jun 2008 Galbanum announces Synth Expansion Line and releases Piscis Rapture Expansion08 May 2008 Heatseekers release Dramatica for Rapture19 May 2007 Galbanum releases Architecture Waveforms Cakewalk Edition