6th March 2007
Cakewalk has released version 1.1 of Rapture, including native x64 support.
- Native Windows Vista Support: Rapture is now fully Windows Vista compliant, in all Vista editions.
- 64-bit Windows binaries in DXi and VSTi formats: Rapture will now install the 64-bit VSTi in 64-bit Windows versions (XP, Vista), for use in compatible 64-bit VST hosts (such as SONAR).
- Universal Binary compatible components for all formats: Rapture can now be loaded in both PowerPC and Intel equipped Macs in Audio Units (AU), VSTi, and ProTools (RTAS) formats. The VSTi format has been updated to version 2.4, and supports now composite and non-composite windows in OSX hosts.
- Stand-Alone Microhost (Windows 32-bit/64-bit, OSX): Rapture can now be used as a Stand-Alone instrument thanks to the included Microhost (Windows x86: VST / ASIO, Windows x64: VST x64 / ASIO, OSX PPC: Audio Units / CoreMIDI / CoreAudio, OSX Intel: Audio Units / CoreMIDI / CoreAudio).
- Updated RTAS format: The ProTools RTAS version of Rapture has been updated to version 7.3 (Fully compatible with ProTools 7.3 on Windows and OSX).
- Multiple stage DSP section: The old Decimator / Bit Reduction / Drive / Two Filters DSP chain has been replaced with a dynamic Three Stage / Two Filters arrangement. The new arrangement allows the repetition of DSP transforms (i.e. It is now possible to load three Decimator stages, within a single DSP section).
- New DSP transforms: Six new DSP transforms have been added: Soft Clip, Hard Clip, Warp, Break, Rectify and Width.
- New DSP and Filters routings: There are now 14 different routing options, including many serial and parallel configurations.
- New Filters: Rapture now features another variety of filters, State-Variable. They come in Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass and Band Rejection flavors.
- Tempo-Synchronized Envelope Generators: All Envelope Generators can now sync to host tempo, in any integer, dotted or triplet division. Sync mode is enabled by the new 'Sync' text selector on each Envelope Generator.
- Snap mode for Envelope Generators: This feature is perfect for the construction of rhythmic envelopes, in combination with tempo-synced envelope generators. Snap mode is activated from the Envelope Generator context menu (clicking on the top of the Envelope Generator), or using the 'P' keystroke. When Snap mode is engaged, nodes will stick to vertical divisions.
- 'Shot' mode added to the Step Generators: As previously featured in the LFO section, Step Generators now have a single 'Shot' mode. When this mode is engaged, the Step Generators will pass thru all defined step values only once, then stop.
- 'Step' mode added to the Step Generators: When activated, the Step Generators will cycle through the defined step values on successive Note-On events.
- New Step Generator options: Available in the Step Generators menu:
- Normalize Steps: Will expand the dynamics for the current Step Generator pattern to fit in the maximum available range.
- Copy Shape from LFO: Will bring the LFO shape from the currently selected modulator into the Step Generator, including the LFO phase setting.
- Extract Shape From Sample File: This interesting new feature will calculate the amplitude envelope of any sample file (WAV/AIFF/OGG), and set it into the selected Envelope Generator.
- New MIDI Learn functionality: The MIDI Learn component has been enhanced to offer several new features:
- Add/Remove MIDI Control: Controls can now be manually added or removed to the list.
- Per-Control Min/Max/Reverse: Besides the old per-parameter Min/Max/Reverse, now each parameter can be assigned to multiple controls, and each control can have its own Min/Max/Reverse values.
- Multiple MIDI Configurations: Rapture now offers ten different MIDI user configurations to pick from. Ideal to adapt Rapture to multiple hardware rigs without having to learn every control again.
- MIDI Learn added to Up/Down and Text Selectors: All Up/Down and Text Selectors can now be learned (shift+right click).
- MIDI Learn added to the X-Y pad: The X-Y pad can now be MIDI learned. (shift+right click) to open the MIDI Learn menu.
- Previous/Next Program buttons: Useful when browsing programs, Previous/Next Program buttons are now available in the main Rapture editor page. If no program is loaded, Next/Previous will bring the first/last available program in the browser. After a program is loaded, use the Previous/Next buttons to cycle thru all programs in the selected category.
- Several new Drop-Down menus: For convenience, several parameters now have a drop-down menus.
- Mouse scrolling enabled for wavetable navigation: Wavetable browsing now has mouse wheel scrolling support for faster navigation.
- Reduced memory usage, faster loading times: Rapture will now consume about 40 MB of system memory for the first instance (47 MB in 1.0), and 18 MB for every subsequent instance (23 MB per-instance in 1.0). Additionally, wavetables used in multiple elements are now reused, reducing both the memory required and the loading/creation time.
16 Apr 2014 Cakewalk Offers Discounted Upgrades to SONAR X3
20 Mar 2014 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3e Update
12 Mar 2014 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X3e Update
21 Feb 2014 Cakewalk releases Z3TA+ for iOS
05 Jan 2014 Cakewalk SONAR X3 now available on Steam
18 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases Free SONAR X3d Update
02 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases ScratchPad for iPad
31 Oct 2013 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3c Update
22 Oct 2013 Cakewalk announces SONAR X3c Update
19 Sep 2013 Cakewalk seeks to hire Plug-in Developer
18 Jun 2013 Cakewalk Z3ta+ 2 Promo: 30% Off
07 Jul 2011 Les Productions Zvon offers Summer Bundles
23 Jul 2009 fisound releases Universal 120 for Rapture
08 May 2008 Heatseekers release Dramatica for Rapture