Cakewalk has released SONAR v4.0.2.
- Control Surface interface now supports metering and other enhancements that improve performance allowing extended control over SONAR's recording, editing and mixing operations. Control surface plug-in updates included for ADStech RedRover, CM Labs MotorMix, Mackie Universal Control, and Mackie C4.
- OMF import file improvements for cross platform compatibility with user selectable sample rate and bit depth; the ability to read OMF files authored by Avid and Pro Tools systems that contain NEST and TRANSITION constructs.
- Cakewalk VST Adapter performance update to decrease plug-in insert "load" time and send NRPN events directly to VSTi synths.
- Faster "one pass" QuickTime export, also enhanced to require significantly less disk space.
- Export of multi-channel audio to external command-line encoders.
- The ability to specify whether track/bus mute and solo should affect pre-fader sends.