Cakewalk releases SONAR v5.2 (incl. x64)
11th April 2006
11th April 2006
Cakewalk has released the version 5.2 updates for SONAR.
- Supports new VST 2.4 extensions, including 64-bit double-precision streaming and x64 compatibility.
- SONAR can now receive MIDI data from VST instruments.
- Added shell support for Waves VST plug-ins (DX versions already supported).
- Send up to 256 buses (16 channels per bus) of MIDI data to a ReWire device.
- Control Surface Enhancements (individual control surface plug-ins must be updated)
- Get/set Record Punch State
- Send stereo/surround metering to a control surface
- Get Marker Names
- Add a Marker
- Display mouse tracking info while editing MIDI in the Track View or Piano Roll View
- Displays current MIDI note or CC value in notes area
- Displays current time (musical or absolute) in the time ruler
- The Erase Tool has returned to the Piano Roll View and Inline Piano Roll View Toolbars.
- Auto Erase mode is now available as an option for the Draw Tool.
- When two or more parameters were automated on the same VST on the same track, automation did not render.
- Deleting a bus could sometimes cause one of its source buses to form a feedback loop and crash SONAR.
- Incorrect rounding mode used when converting 64-bit double precision to integer PCM formats.
- Dither was being applied inappropriately to float files
- The POW-r 2 and POW-r 3 noise shaping curves were slightly incorrect.
- Rectangular dither had insufficient levels
- Normalize sometimes caused overs on 32- and 64-bit audio.
- Enabling "Remove DC Offset During Record" affected both inputs of a stereo pair when only one of the inputs was receiving a signal.
- Scrolling to offscreen tracks with a control surface did not always bring those tracks into the view.
- Mackie C4 would sometimes freeze after connecting to SONAR.
- Some control surfaces would switch SONAR into overwrite mode when changing punch times.
- UAD-1 plug-ins caused CPU spikes, especially while looping.
- Groove Agent 2 sometimes dropped out during playback.
- V-Vocal clips sometimes did not play if the Now Time was set during playback
- V-Vocal sometimes produced an unwanted "flanging" or "phasing" sound
- The Audio Metronome caused video to play out of sync when recording.
- The Audio Metronome would start with a down-beat on a partial measure count-in.
- When used with a count-in, the Audio Metronome sometimes caused the recording to start late.
- Delete key did not delete selected MIDI notes in the Inline Piano Roll View.
- Could not audition MIDI note velocities in the controller pane.
- Piano Roll View notes appeared to change their start positions during a lasso.
- Piano Roll View tools were not bindable by user-defined hotkeys.
- Piano Roll View Zoom Tool hotkey was broken.
- A Sysx event in a TTS-1 MIDI source track sometimes caused the synth to dropout during playback.
- RPN/NRPN LSB was reset when MSB is received during recording.
- When transposing a MIDI track, linked clips were transposed twice.
- Opening a 24-bit project while playing caused audio distortion.
- Changing Import Bit Depth to 24 created static at first playback.
- SONAR would occasionally crash when saving a MIDI Type 1 file.
- Projects with per-clip effects bins sometimes incorrectly reported a "Disk may be full" error on bounce or export.
- On rare occasions, if a system crashed after a file save, the file could become corrupt.
- Snap to clip boundaries occasionally did not work.
- Ctrl+F did not open/close track folders.
- In the Track View Clips Pane, pressing the ESC key while the mouse button was held down did not escape out of the operation.
- SONAR incorrectly populated the ReWire menu when multiple versions of ACID were installed on the same computer
- SONAR x64 has been rebuilt with the latest development and build tools.
- SONAR x64: Process | Audio | Reverse resulted in flatlined audio.
Other Related News
19 Aug 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Z3ta+ iOS on sale for $14.9919 Aug 2014 Cakewalk updates Z3TA+ for iOS to v1.309 Jul 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Free Melodyne Video With Cakewalk SONAR X3 Studio and Producer04 Jul 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Cakewalk offers 50% off Music Creator, Z3TA+, Rapture, Dimension Pro and more23 May 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Cakewalk Savings Festival - Save 25% or more14 May 2014 Cakewalk updates ScratchPad for iPad to v1.214 May 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Cakewalk ScratchPad for iOS $1.99 for limited time (originally $7.99)29 Apr 2014 Cakewalk updates Z3TA+ iOS for iPad to v1.1 - MIDI and performance enhancements16 Apr 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Cakewalk Offers Discounted Upgrades to SONAR X320 Mar 2014 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3e Update12 Mar 2014 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X3e Update21 Feb 2014 Cakewalk releases Z3TA+ for iOS17 Feb 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Cakewalk Groove 3 SONAR X3 Explained Video free with SONAR X3 during Feb 201417 Feb 2014 Cakewalk Releases Gibson EB 5-String Bass Expansion Pack for Dimension Pro24 Jan 2014 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3 Producer Trial Version23 Jan 2014 Cakewalk Announces Z3TA+ iOS Music Synthesizer for iPad05 Jan 2014 Cakewalk SONAR X3 now available on Steam18 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases Free SONAR X3d Update02 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases ScratchPad for iPad
22 Aug 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Plugin Boutique Flash Friday Sale: Save up to 85% on Cakewalk Synths27 May 2014 Agitated State MenuMagic for Sonar MSRP reduced to $49.95 and now offered at 50% discount until v2.0 officially released26 May 2014 Garrigus.com releases "SONAR X3 Power! - The Comprehensive Guide" (Book)12 May 2014 Agitated State updates MenuMagic for Sonar to v1.9.4.011 May 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Agitated State MenuMagic Anniversary Sale - 75% Off04 Nov 2013 Groove Monkee Releases "Big Easy" MIDI Drum Loops14 Oct 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v1.9.2.024 Jul 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v220.127.116.118 Jun 2013 Groove Monkee releases "Breakbeats 1" MIDI Drum Loops14 May 2013 Garrigus.com announces "SONAR X2 Power! - The Comprehensive Guide"13 May 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v18.104.22.168 Dec 2012 Platinum Samples releases "Real Reggae" and "Real Latin" Multi-Format MIDI Groove Libraries02 Dec 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v1.8.4.009 Sep 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v22.214.171.1243 Sep 2012 Agitated State announces MenuMagic v126.96.36.199 update12 Aug 2012 Agitated State announces MenuMagic v188.8.131.52 update29 Jul 2012 Platinum Samples release 6 new Session Drummer 3 Kits02 Jul 2012 Agitated State announces MenuMagic V2 early adopter pricing17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt21 Mar 2012 Roland unveils Jupiter-50 Synthesizer05 Feb 2012 Garrigus.com provides Free SONAR X1 Power! Tips and Techniques PDF