21st March 2011
Cakewalk has released "X1b" updates for SONAR X1 Producer, SONAR X1 Studio and SONAR X1 Essential.
Enhancements and Features in SONAR X1b
EQ and ProChannel for Surround Busses
In SONAR X1b it is now possible to apply the ProChannel (Producer only) and the Sonitus:fx EQ (Studio only) to Surround Busses. This addresses a number of issues, including potential crash issues with Sonitus:fx EQ being moved to the FX bin when loading a project saved in SONAR 8.5.
- It is not possible to access the Surround Bridge UI for the Sonitus:fx EQ or ProChannel when used on Surround Busses. This means that un-linking channels and other Surround Bridge options are not available.
- Sidechaining is not possible with the surround-bridged ProChannel compressors (Producer only).
Auto-Enable for ProChannel Modules (Producer only)
ProChannel modules will now auto-enable when used for the first time. Please note the following:
- The first time a control is touched or moved within a given module, it will turn the respective module ON.
- Any subsequent changes to any control in the same module (other than the enable/disable command) will not enable or disable the module.
- This command is persisted per-module, per track and per project - once a specific module has auto-enabled once, it will not auto-enable a second time.
ProChannel Freezes with Track (Producer only)
When freezing a track the ProChannel will now freeze as well. In order to reflect this, the ProChannel will become grayed-out. When the track is un-frozen the ProChannel will be re-enabled.
An updated control surface plug-in for the VS-700 is included with SONAR X1b. A full pdf of changes is available here. In summary:
- ProChannel support added to the CHANNEL STRIP CONTROL (Producer only).
- Updated controls in the ACCESS PANEL as well as updated functionality to mirror workflow changes in X1.
- Addressed other workflow and controls from 8.5 to X1.
A new version of the VS-20 control surface plug-in is included with X1b. This update now allows for the DAW OUTPUT control on the VS-20 hardware to control both the left and right faders of the hardware Main Output in SONAR.
V-Vocal has been updated with SONAR X1b, issues addressed include:
- Fixed a potential crash that could occur when changing time durations of a V-Vocal clip.
- Fixed a potential crash that could occur when removing a V-Vocal clip.
- Fixed a potential crash that could occur when adjusting a V-Vocal clip.
- Addressed an error with looping V-Vocal clips.
- Included several general stability improvements when working with V-Vocal.
Console Layout Updates
SONAR X1b includes updates and improvements for the Console Strips including:
- Removed drop arrows and overlay icons from controls in Narrow Strips, allowing additional characters to be displayed.
- Adjusted labels and label positions on various controls.
- Removed ellipsis from FX bin to allow seeing as much of the FX name as possible.
- An editable EQ plot has been added to narrow strips for ProChannel (Producer only).
- Track name and number have been moved to separate rows allowing for longer track names to be displayed.
Console Selection Enhancements and Re-ordering
- It is now possible to select non-adjacent tracks in the Console View. To do this hold SHIFT or CTRL while clicking on a track strip's Track Number field.
- It is also now possible to re-order tracks. Hold ALT while dragging a track to change its position. This gesture is available from any open part of a track strip.
- A "Loop Preview" toggle has been added to the Media menu of the Browser. When enabled, SONAR will preview clips the same as with X1a. When disabled, SONAR will always preview a clip starting from the beginning and will play through a single time, ideal for one-shots.
- It is now possible to view, preview, and add FLAC files to a project from within the Browser.
- The hit-zone for docking has been limited to the top section of the MultiDock, limiting the chance for unintentional docking.
- When the MultiDock is floating, pressing D will now minimize the MultiDock as opposed to re-docking it.
ASIO Dynamic Sample Rate Improvements
Improvements have been made to the way SONAR handles dynamic sample rate changes with ASIO devices. If an ASIO driver supports changing its sample rate dynamically, it will be possible to load SONAR projects at different sample rates. SONAR will automatically switch the device sample rate when playback is started without requiring a restart of the application.
Keybindings and Hot Keys
- CTRL + SHIFT + F12 has been added as the default control to toggle Snap modes between Move-To and Move-By.
- It is now possible to bind a key to Snap to Measure.
Clip Length Format Changed
Clip lengths are now displayed in Beats:Ticks format. This provides a consistent, accurate length value despite meter changes in a project.
To solve an issue that could be encountered when using more than 4GB of RAM the following effects and instruments have been updated (x86 and x64):
- Channel Tools.
- Linear Phase EQ.
- Linear Phase Multiband Compressor.
- PX-64 Percussion Strip.
- VX-64 Vocal Strip.
- TS-64 Transient Shaper.
- TL-64 Tube Leveler.
- Session Drummer 3.
- Studio Instruments - Bass.
- Studio Instruments - Drums.
- Studio Instruments - Piano.
- Studio Instruments - Strings.
To solve a potential crash that could be encountered when automating, the following effects have been updated (x86 and x64):
- Cakewalk Alias Factor.
- Cakewalk Classic Phaser.
- Cakewalk Compressor / Gate.
- Cakewalk HF Exciter.
- Cakewalk Modfilter.
- Cakewalk Multivoice Chorus/Flanger.
- Cakewalk Parametric EQ.
- Cakewalk Studioverb2 (x86 only).
- Cakewalk Tempo Delay.
- Cakewalk Bitmeter.
XRayExclue.ini has been updated to exclude Nugen Audio. This avoids an issue with Nugen Audio plug-ins by preventing X-Ray from affecting those plug-ins.
- The Master.ins file has been updated to include support for the Roland JUNO-Gi Synthesizer.
- four Project Templates will be installed to the JUNO-Gi subdirectory of the Project Templates folder.
- A JUNO-Gi Control Surface Preset has been included.
Issues Resolved in X1b
- Big Time color will now persist properly.
- Fixed an issue where ASIO devices could be lost.
- Fixed an issue in the Piano Roll View causing Grid Resolution > Follow Snap Settings to be unavailable.
- Fixed an issue where Groove Clip looping of a MIDI clip could cause Inspector fields to disappear.
- Fixed an issue with key bindings and no project open.
- Fixed an issue preventing Freeze commands from being key-bindable.
- Fixed an issue causing Preview at Host Tempo to not work properly with REX and Acidized.wav files.
- SONAR can now record correctly from multiple MIDI ports (MIDI cross talk).
- Fixed an issue causing the Track View to suddenly scroll.
- Fixed an issue where Follow Transport enabled in the Matrix View would disable bounce and export commands.
- Fixed an issue causing the EQ module's Enable/Disabled button to not be hidden properly (Studio and Essential only).
- Fixed a layout issue in the Volume module of the Console View.
- Fixed an issue causing MDI windows to block MultiDock hitzone.
- Allow Only One Open Project at a Time setting now works correctly.
- Fixed an issue with Snap when Musical settings are disabled.
- Fixed various capitalization inconsistencies between parameter names.
- It is now possible to open the Clip Properties panel of the Inspector by double-clicking a clip.
- Fixed an issue causing FX chain to move position when Properties page is open and the FX chain is bypassed.
- Fixed an issue causing Track Templates to load without folders and other data.
- Fixed an issue causing the original BPM of Groove clips to not show in the Clip Properties panel.
- Fixed an issue preventing effects plug-ins from remaining docked in the MultiDock.
- Fixed an issue causing Pan values to display cropped.
- Fixed an issue causing the EQ plot in the Console View to disappear.
- Addressed several possible scenarios causing Snap Settings to change unexpectedly.
- The Now Time format in the Control Bar will now persist correctly.
- Narrow mode for Console View strips now persists properly when opening and closing the ProChannel.
- Fixed an issue causing Tip of the Day to appear for users of previous SONAR versions.
- Fixed an issue causing the splash screen to appear too briefly.
- Fixed an issue causing the audio Metronome to play unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue causing WASAPI mode to be changed unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue that could cause ProChannel compressors to be implemented twice.
- Fixed an issue that could cause ProChannel module enable buttons to be out of sync.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Control Bar to unexpectedly disappear.
- Fixed an issue where track numbers could display incorrectly in the Console View.
- Addressed an inconsistency in the EQ Plot menu.
- "Display Ghosted Data" option now works properly for busses.
- Fixed an issue with Bounce to Clip on MIDI Tracks with Lyric events.
- Adjusted the EQ Plot to address an inconsistency.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Gain knobs to disappear from the Console View.
- Fixed an issue with selecting clips in track folders.
- Snap Settings no longer persist per-screenset.
- Loop Construction View edits no longer trigger Screensets.
- Fixed an issue where the Step Sequencer could turn off Snap.
- Fixed an issue causing the clip FX bin in the Inspector to not update for undo or redo.
- Fixed an issue causing the ProChannel routing section to display differently in the Inspector and Console View.
- Fixed an issue causing Record Arm buttons to display incorrectly in the Track View.
- All ProChannel module Enable/Disable buttons now respond to QuickGroups gestures in the Console View.
- Corrected an issue causing the Busses and Mains to scroll during Screenset and File load.
- Pressing Escape will no longer edit Inspector fields.
- Plug-in folders can no longer be dragged from the Browser to an FX bin.
- It is now possible to reorder Clip FX in the Inspector.
- FX Chains now properly respond to FX Bin Bypass.
- Fixed an issue that could cause busses to be routed incorrectly when creating a bus from an existing bus.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the write-enabled state of ProChannel parameters to change unexpectedly when switching compressor types.
- The Browser's Audio Preview bus is now saved per-project and is no longer persisted per Screenset.
- Fixed an issue causing only the first Clip in a Folder to be selected.
- Fixed an issue preventing Staff and Lyrics Views from printing.
- Quantize to Pool is now available in the context menu for MIDI clips.
- Synth Connected toggle in the Synth menu of the Browser now properly displays Synth state.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the wrong ReWire device to be loaded from the Browser.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Snap Settings to change when opening the Preferences dialog.
- Fixed an issue causing Set Measure/Beat at Now to insert a tempo change at the wrong time.
- Removed non-functional "Show Label" toggles from the Console View Options menu.
- Fixed an issue causing the Erase tool to work incorrectly with Folder clips.
- Adjusted the crop hit-zone for Piano Roll View note editing so that at maximum 30 pixels will be available.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Enable buttons of ProChannel modules to get out of sync with the VS-700.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the ProChannel in the Inspector from updating properly when adjusting the ProChannel for the same track in the Console View.
- Fixed an issue that could cause unexpected behavior with Screensets when deleting a track.
- Updated Synth Rack button colors to match those found in the Track View.
- Fixed a drawing issue with non-segmented meters in the Console View.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Control Bar to appear blank.
- Fixed an issue causing some fields to display incorrectly in the Event List.
- Fixed an issue with Metronome settings changing unexpectedly.
- Fixed overlapping text that could appear in the Transport module of the Control Bar.
- Several non-functioning Keybindings from SONAR 8.5 have been removed.
- Fixed an issue that could cause lasso selection inconsistencies after splitting clips.
- Fixed an issue causing Screensets to improperly import Track View settings.
- Fixed an issue preventing Bus envelope drawing from being canceled with the Escape key.
- Fixed an issue causing Sync and Caching settings in the Preferences to change unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue causing FX settings to be lost when dragging from an FX Bin to a Console Strip.
- Fixed an issue with Views becoming MDI windows instead of Floating when un-docking from the MultiDock.
- Fixed an issue preventing busses from being maximized.
- Addressed an issue causing MultiDock scroll arrows to appear incorrectly.
- Fixed an error with Delete Content Preset in the Media tab of the Browser.
- Fixed an issue with MIDI envelopes appearing incorrectly in the Edit Filter.
- Fixed an issue causing the MultiDock to unexpectedly scroll when re-sized.
- Fixed an issue when inserting multiple sends that could cause the first to be disabled.
- Addressed several inconsistencies with minimizing and maximizing the MultiDock.
- Addressed an issue that would cause a project to incorrectly display a dropout message if another open project had previously displayed a dropout.
- Fixed an issue that would allow Instrument Tracks to set their Edit Filter to BusOutputVolume.
- Fixed an issue causing Audio Tracks to have incorrect EQ settings when cloned.
- Fixed an issue causing the Gain Knob to disappear on Instrument Tracks.
- Add MBT To Pool function has been returned to Clip context menus.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent some FX Automation from writing to Instrument Tracks.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent nodes from being added to Clip Envelopes in overlapping areas.
- Fixed an issue causing the Track View to improperly reflect hidden tracks when switching Screensets.
- Fixed an issue preventing Stop at Project End from working for projects in a playlist.
- Fixed an issue that caused some ProChannel settings to be saved incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue causing Bus automation to display improperly when scrolled.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent MIDI Clip Envelopes from being created through the Edit Filter for Instrument Tracks.
- Fixed an issue where pressing "Q" while selecting a note in the PRV would not bring up the Quantize dialog.
- Fixed an issue where some Session Drummer 3 samples would loop indefinitely or not choke when desired.
- Fixed an issue where sidechaining to a 32-bit only plug-in would cause dropouts and instability when SONAR's 64-bit Double Precision Engine was turned on.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when deleting automation data.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when scrolling.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when closing a project.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when soloing grouped busses.
- Fixed a potential crash that could occur when read enabling parameters in FX Chains.
- Fixed a potential crash when opening the Piano Roll View.
- Fixed a potential crash that could occur when bouncing audio.
- Fixed a potential crash when opening the Staff View.
- Fixed a potential crash that could occur when changing project sample rate in ASIO mode.
- Fixed a memory leak in Sonitus:FX Delay.
- Addressed an instability with deleting Busses containing enabled ProChannel modules.
- Fixed a potential stack overflow when inserting a Send set to a new Bus.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a SONAR process to remain running after exiting if a MIDI effect had been used.
- Fixed a resource leak in the Loop Construction View.
- Fixed an issue that could cause glitches or a drop-out when inserting a bus during playback.
- Fixed an issue that could cause x64 installations to freeze when changing the sample rate while loading a project.
- Implemented several crash recovery improvements, increasing the likelihood of a recovery project being saved.
- Fixed an issue that could cause instabilities with the ProChannel EQ when moving crop during playback.
- Fixed a potential crash where inserting a Surround FX Chain onto a Stereo Bus would cause SONAR to stop responding. NOTE: currently there is no method for converting Surround FX Chains to Stereo FX Chains automatically. Click here for more info.
- ProChannel UI.
- Console View UI.
- Snap Settings UI.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the screen to flicker when using Advanced MIDI Strips in the Inspector.
- Fixed quantize.
- Set Project Tempo from Clip is now functioning.
- Now able to bring focus to right side of Inspector using a PC keyboard.
- Various strings updated.
The following commands are now key-bindable
- Insert Soft Synth.
- The Media, Plug-Ins, and Synth Rack tabs of the Browser.
- Fixed the Now Time label height (Japanese OS only).
- Addressed an issue that could cause unexpected characters to appear in menus for some languages.
- Changed the global font size for Japanese installations (Japanese OS only).
- Fixed several graphic issues with the Inspector on Japanese installations (Japanese OS only).
- Fixed an issue causing some button text to appear incorrectly in the Plug-In Manager (Spanish OS Only).
- Fixed an issue causing some buttons to overlap in the Plug-In Manager (Japanese OS Only).
- Fixed an issue in Session Drummer 3 causing "IDS_NOTE not found" to display in context menus (Japanese OS Only).
- Delete Marker in the Markers View.
- Tempo List in the Tempo View.
- Synth Automation Settings.
02 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases ScratchPad for iPad
31 Oct 2013 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3c Update
22 Oct 2013 Cakewalk announces SONAR X3c Update
19 Sep 2013 Cakewalk seeks to hire Plug-in Developer
18 Jun 2013 Cakewalk Z3ta+ 2 Promo: 30% Off
20 Dec 2012 Cakewalk updates Z3TA+ for Mac to v2.1.1
25 Sep 2012 Cakewalk releases SONAR X2
14 Oct 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v184.108.40.206
24 Jul 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v220.127.116.11
13 May 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v18.104.22.168
02 Dec 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v22.214.171.124
09 Sep 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v126.96.36.199
17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt
21 Mar 2012 Roland unveils Jupiter-50 Synthesizer
22 Aug 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v188.8.131.52
05 Aug 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v184.108.40.206
25 Jul 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v220.127.116.11