Cakewalk Sonar v4.0.1 released
4th November 2004
4th November 2004
Cakewalk has updated SONAR Producer and Studio Editions to v4.0.1.
- MPEX time/pitch scaling has been updated from MPEX2 to MPEX3.
- New extensions to Yamaha OPT Level 1 support. OPT Editors can now read the state out of the gear via a SysEx bulk dump, done automatically by the OPT Editor.
- Audio scrubbing has been enhanced; holding down the Alt key scrubs at unity gain.
- MP3 export dialog now persists its settings.
- The external encoder tool now supports saving dual wav and encoded files, and can import/export profiles.
- Video: Audio from Type 1 DV video files can now be imported in SONAR properly.
- Crash could occur if a touch-sensitive control surface fader was touched while exiting SONAR.
- Double-clicking any MIDI track envelope node would fail to set it to it's default value.
- Two clicks were required to activate a button when the target window did not have focus.
- The audio metronome would accent the first beat even if 'Accent First Beat' was disabled.
- MFX real-time timestamps would get lost with VSTi synths, and all events would be transmitted simultaneously.
- Slip-edited audio clips would show "ghost" contents during drag-move in empty/silent part of clip.
- Dragging and dropping a MIDI Groove Clip to empty area did not create a new track.
- It was not possible to unfreeze a DXi synth after track was cloned or clip was copied/moved into a different track.
- Copying (via Ctrl-drag) a frozen track clip to a new track would create a new DXi track (input assign to a DXi synth instead of "None").
- A crash could occur when stopping transport during MIDI sync.
- [Loop Construction View] Slice Auto Preview would ignore the key set in the project or Loop Construction view.
- The install dialog was truncating information when using a video resolution of 1280x1024 120DPI.
- MP3 Encoder online Help was not installed.
- It was not possible to drag a clip from one project to an existing track in another project.
- Pasting track automation with 'Replace Old With New' could delete existing clip(s) instead of only replacing existing automation.
- Copying or moving clips in the Track view was sometimes very slow.
- Loop Construction view would deselect the current slice when moving a slice marker.
- Sort did not sort tracks that were nested within Track Folders.
- It was not possible to edit clip pan envelope on copied clip in multilane track.
- F1 did not open online Help for Help | QuickStart or Help | Tip of the Day.
- The Mute tool would show clip selections on wrong tracks if in folder tracks.
- Lasso selection didn't select visible clips if lasso caused vertical scroll off-screen.
- Nudging a note in the Piano Roll view could extend the note's selection range.
- Loop Explorer view would audition loops at initial project tempo instead of current tempo at Now time.
- Transposing/moving drum note in Piano Roll view would sometimes display duplicate "ghost" note.
- Clip mute icon could extend outside clip boundary when zoomed out.
- Crash could occur when exporting to MP3 at lowest-quality Lame settings.
- Track view widgets/controls could display incorrect values on file open.
- Crash could occur when nudging clip during playback.
- Deleting a maximized track could result in misalignment between the Track view and Clips pane.
- It was not possible to nudge a slip-edited (cropped) clip to the left beyond the clip's start time.
- Surround Bus sends could slow playback and result in dropouts with certain sound cards.
- Composite folder clips were not redrawn correctly when pressing Shift-F (Fit Project to Window).
- Lasso selection now only selects composite folder clips if the entire composite clip is fully selected.
- Tracks that were dropped onto a Track Folder were not placed at the bottom of the folder.
- It was not possible to lasso select the first clip in a track folder.
- VB-1 VSTi would distort in SONAR.
- Clips pane performance has been greatly improved when working with many tracks/clips and track folders.
- Clips did not auto-crossfade when using nudge.
- Track envelope nodes did not move when nudging clips (with 'Select Track Envelopes With Selected Clips' enabled).
- Opening/closing track folders with many tracks is much faster.
- Some soft synths could potentially miss the first note during playback if playback was started at the exact note start time.
- VTS effects that support tempo sync could cause garbled audio and feedback.
- Organized Trio VSTi and some other VSTi synths could cause feedback.
- Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi chorus effect produced distortion and strange delay effect.
- SONAR 3 projects that have Interleave set to stereo on tracks with mono clips, will sound identical in SONAR 4 with no user intervention required.
- Freeze now takes into account trim and phase and resets these post freeze.
- Tracks within folders could move to a different folder after reordering folder positions with drag&drop gestures.
- Playback would not always be identical before and after freeze due to the track interleave setting. SONAR now sets the interleave post freeze to match the interleave of the resultant frozen data.
- Undoing a clip drag that created a multilane track did not reset to single lane.
- Pressing "H", "Shift+H", and "Shift+S" could result in a crash if the selection spanned track folders.
- Unsoloing a partially soloed track folder did not unsolo any DXi tracks within the folder.
- Waveform was not displayed when moving/copying partial clip selection.
- It was not possible to access/highlight effect insert points from the keyboard.
- Horizontal zooming is a lot faster and smoother when the Navigator view is open.
- If you held down the Shift key while applying fades to multiple selected clips, the fade could extend past the cropped end of clips other than the one you were directly modifying.
- Audio metronome would not follow tempo changes properly during recording if a count-in was used.
- Using the Split or Zoom tool to scroll the Clips pane did not redraw clips properly.
- Clip fades did not completely disappear when quickly dragged past the ends of a clip.
- Entire clip remained muted after playing past a muted section and restarting Play.
Other Related News
19 Aug 2014 #KVRDeal (until Sunday, August 31, 2014) Z3ta+ iOS on sale for $14.9919 Aug 2014 Cakewalk updates Z3TA+ for iOS to v1.309 Jul 2014 #KVRDeal (until Sunday, August 31, 2014) Free Melodyne Video With Cakewalk SONAR X3 Studio and Producer04 Jul 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Cakewalk offers 50% off Music Creator, Z3TA+, Rapture, Dimension Pro and more23 May 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Cakewalk Savings Festival - Save 25% or more14 May 2014 Cakewalk updates ScratchPad for iPad to v1.214 May 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Cakewalk ScratchPad for iOS $1.99 for limited time (originally $7.99)29 Apr 2014 Cakewalk updates Z3TA+ iOS for iPad to v1.1 - MIDI and performance enhancements16 Apr 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Cakewalk Offers Discounted Upgrades to SONAR X320 Mar 2014 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3e Update12 Mar 2014 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X3e Update21 Feb 2014 Cakewalk releases Z3TA+ for iOS17 Feb 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Cakewalk Groove 3 SONAR X3 Explained Video free with SONAR X3 during Feb 201417 Feb 2014 Cakewalk Releases Gibson EB 5-String Bass Expansion Pack for Dimension Pro24 Jan 2014 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3 Producer Trial Version23 Jan 2014 Cakewalk Announces Z3TA+ iOS Music Synthesizer for iPad05 Jan 2014 Cakewalk SONAR X3 now available on Steam18 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases Free SONAR X3d Update02 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases ScratchPad for iPad
22 Aug 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Plugin Boutique Flash Friday Sale: Save up to 85% on Cakewalk Synths27 May 2014 Agitated State MenuMagic for Sonar MSRP reduced to $49.95 and now offered at 50% discount until v2.0 officially released26 May 2014 Garrigus.com releases "SONAR X3 Power! - The Comprehensive Guide" (Book)12 May 2014 Agitated State updates MenuMagic for Sonar to v1.9.4.011 May 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Agitated State MenuMagic Anniversary Sale - 75% Off04 Nov 2013 Groove Monkee Releases "Big Easy" MIDI Drum Loops14 Oct 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v1.9.2.024 Jul 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v220.127.116.118 Jun 2013 Groove Monkee releases "Breakbeats 1" MIDI Drum Loops14 May 2013 Garrigus.com announces "SONAR X2 Power! - The Comprehensive Guide"13 May 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v18.104.22.168 Dec 2012 Platinum Samples releases "Real Reggae" and "Real Latin" Multi-Format MIDI Groove Libraries02 Dec 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v1.8.4.009 Sep 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v22.214.171.1243 Sep 2012 Agitated State announces MenuMagic v126.96.36.199 update12 Aug 2012 Agitated State announces MenuMagic v188.8.131.52 update29 Jul 2012 Platinum Samples release 6 new Session Drummer 3 Kits02 Jul 2012 Agitated State announces MenuMagic V2 early adopter pricing17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt21 Mar 2012 Roland unveils Jupiter-50 Synthesizer05 Feb 2012 Garrigus.com provides Free SONAR X1 Power! Tips and Techniques PDF