Cakewalk has updated SONAR Home Studio 7 and Home Studio 7 XL to v7.0.1. This update enhances performance and usability across the entire application.
Issues resolved in SONAR Home Studio v7.0.1
- Inserting and assigning sends is more stable and responsive.
- Arming single parameters for automation was not always functioning properly.
- The Insert Controllers command no longer causes freezes and instability in SONAR Home Studio.
- Editing track and bus names no longer causes CPU spikes.
- The Plug-in Manager no longer crashes on exporting a preset from the ACT MIDI Controller.
- Inaccuracies have been corrected regarding nudging, snapping, sliding and inserting time by Frames.
- Addressed instabilities regarding QuickTime import/export.
- In rare cases, SONAR Home Studio would crash when recording a stream of MIDI data (more likely on multi-core/multi-processor systems).
- Loading projects saved with the Loop Explorer View or Loop Construction View opened no longer causes system instability.
- On some system configurations, project playback would stall/pause intermittently.
- Multi-selected clips could not be cropped together at certain zoom levels.
- The Quick Start dialogue is now available in all languages.
- French and German online help contents (.chm) are now included.
- Tutorial 1 project was relocated to reflect the path outlined in the tutorial.
- SONAR Home Studio is now more stable when changing the driver type (WDM, ASIO) while the app is running.
- Control surface response to REW/FF operations has been improved.
- The first audio channel of certain ASIO devices will no longer reset unintentionally.
- SONAR Home Studio no longer drops out at low latency when using plugins that require latency compensation (i.e. Perfect Space).
- Playback of projects containing missing plug-ins is more stable.
- New tracks are no longer created as clips are moved within an instrument track containing a multi-out synth.
- SONAR Home Studio no longer crashes when accessing Track Properties | Instruments from an Instrument Track.
- Potential instabilities when right-clicking the Patch or Bank field of an Instrument Track have been resolved (Console View and Track View).
- Several issues regarding drag-and-drop and cut/copy/paste have been resolved.
- A stability issue has been addressed after bouncing a track or clip containing a clip effects bin and then saving a project.
- Track controls such as gain, pan, and send level sometimes had no impact on the audio signal path.
- Nudging a clip up/down did not always move it to the adjacent track.
- Potential instability with the video track has been resolved.
- Importing multiple audio clips now properly places them in multiple tracks, instead of stacked together in a single track.
- Scrolling is now more responsive in large projects.
- Auto cross-fade settings were not being saved with project files.
- Editing multiple selected clips within folder tracks now edits all selected clips as expected.
- Moving tracks to folders no longer causes system instabilities.