9th March 2007
Cakewalk has updated SONAR 6 Producer Edition and SONAR 6 Studio Edition to v6.2.1.
- Optimizations for high bandwidth multi-track recording:
- Better performance and higher track counts at high sample rates and bit depths.
- New EnableCacheWriteThru AUD.INI variable enables disk write thru caching, which provides more efficient disk I/O.
- New RecordPreAllocSeconds AUD.INI variable can improve disk write performance at high track counts.
- Picture cache is no longer computed in the background during recording.
- BitBridge (hosting 32-bit VSTs in SONAR x64):
- Now supports 64-bit double precision streaming from VST 2.4 plug-ins.
- Now reads plug-in delay correctly on first instantiation.
- Improved UAD-1 delay compensation reporting.
- AudioSnap / Radius:
- Transposing an audio clip via the Process Menu command while using a Radius algorithm would crash SONAR.
- If no clips were selected before an audio export, clips with AudioSnap enabled on them would use the online/real-time algorithm instead of the offline algorithm.
- Crash in Radius after bouncing/rendering a clip that had been previously slip-stretched with the Radius algorithm.
- Using SONAR with the 64-bit double-precision audio engine engaged sometimes crashed SONAR.
Attention Windows XP x64 Users: The Windows XP x64 32bit update is not yet available. It will be released within the next week.