17th October 2007
Cakewalk has updated SONAR to v7.0.1 (Producer and Studio Editions). This update addresses various performance and stability issues across the entire application, along with specific Step Sequencer functionality/usability enhancements, and numerous plug-ins and component optimizations. In addition, the update addresses several issues reported by customers after SONAR 7's initial release.
- Various performance / stability issues.
- In a project with tempo changes, splitting a clip sometimes caused the first part of the clip to be deleted.
- Drag editing note velocities in one clip in the PRV sometimes affected velocities in other clips in the same view.
- Copying bus envelopes did not work correctly.
- Clip Effects icon was not functional.
- When Auto-Punch recording inside loop markers, recording would start at the beginning of the loop instead of the Auto-Punch start.
- MIDI Activity Indicator would sometimes remain in the Windows System Toolbar if the application crashed.
- Hyphenation in the Lyrics View was not functional.
- Importing track templates now correctly creates mono synth outputs.
- Changing audio buffer size with an external insert in a project could freeze the audio engine, requiring a restart.
- Bus solo was not always working correctly when the source contained a mix of aux sends.
- Bus waveform preview would sometimes freeze on a system with ASIO4ALL drivers.
- When setting the EQ to post-FX, inserting a plug-in into an empty FX bin would sometimes crash SONAR.
- Gluing MIDI controller events sometimes resulted in a crash.
- Pre-SONAR 7 projects that use a Sonitus:fx Compressor or Gate as a clip effect would sometimes not playback in SONAR 7.
- When recording Track Pan at the end of a project, SONAR would sometimes crash.
- MIDI scrub tool and MIDI bounce now recognizes muted clips and events.
- Sometimes SONAR would yield stuck notes when using the MIDI scrub tool.
- First few seconds of envelopes sometimes ignored by Fast Bounce in projects implementing delay compensation.
- When bouncing MIDI clips, clip mute, layer mute and event mute states were sometimes ignored.
- Various performance / stability issues.
- Step Sequencer does not automatically scroll when adding notes at the end of the screen.
- Rows can not be copy/pasted.
- Undo now restores steps correctly when in mono mode.
- Performance improvements when undoing a series of velocity adjustments made with the mouse wheel.
- Step indicator lights sometimes got out of sync when using Fit to Quarters.
- Controller event drawing was not undoable.
- When Lock Data is applied to a Step Sequencer clip, velocity values could still be modified.
- Delete Row button sometimes disappeared.
Plug-ins and Components:
- New Radius Library from iZotope to improve compatibility on a 64-bit timeline.
- Dimension LE DXi x64 should be included.
- Dimension LE did not appear in plug-in menus under Standard User accounts on Windows XP.
- PCR-30, PCR-300 and ACT Control Surface plug-ins now have an improved Match mode.
- Updated Perfect Space from Voxengo to support computers with > 2GB RAM.
- Updated LP-64 plug-ins to address clicking during automation.
- New sidechainable Sonitus:fx Compressor and Gate plug-ins did not installer over these plug-ins that shipped with SONAR 6.2.1 and SONAR 5 Producer Edition.
16 Apr 2014 Cakewalk Offers Discounted Upgrades to SONAR X3
20 Mar 2014 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3e Update
12 Mar 2014 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X3e Update
21 Feb 2014 Cakewalk releases Z3TA+ for iOS
05 Jan 2014 Cakewalk SONAR X3 now available on Steam
18 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases Free SONAR X3d Update
02 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases ScratchPad for iPad
31 Oct 2013 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3c Update
22 Oct 2013 Cakewalk announces SONAR X3c Update
19 Sep 2013 Cakewalk seeks to hire Plug-in Developer
18 Jun 2013 Cakewalk Z3ta+ 2 Promo: 30% Off
14 Oct 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v18.104.22.168
24 Jul 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v22.214.171.124
13 May 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v126.96.36.199
02 Dec 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v188.8.131.52
09 Sep 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v184.108.40.206
17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt
21 Mar 2012 Roland unveils Jupiter-50 Synthesizer
22 Aug 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v220.127.116.11
05 Aug 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v18.104.22.168
25 Jul 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v22.214.171.124