Cakewalk has updated SONAR to v7.0.2.
- Save and load SONAR Step Sequencer pattern files.
- New mouse gestures to edit velocities in the steps pane.
- Change/set default velocity of new steps.
- Step record from MIDI devices.
- Option to audition notes when clicking on steps.
- Preserve patterns when changing step sizes.
- Auto-fade playback when starting/stopping the transport.
- Option to automatically enable input monitoring when recording.
- Cakewalk has released a Control Surface plug-in supporting the Euphonix EuCon protocol, compatible which now makes SONAR compatible with all Euphonix Control Surfaces - Download the EuCon Control Surface plug-in here.
- Various performance/stability issues.
- Duplicate notes in drum map manager would crash SONAR.
- Inserting an effect into a track with the per-track EQ set to post-FX Bin would cause a crash.
- AudioSnap clip rendering could not be cancelled by the user.
- Audio Export file type defaulted to AIFF after exporting an MP3.
- SendLocalOn TTSEQ.INI variable was not functioning properly.
- Track Inspector did not always update to the selected track.
- Synth freeze failed when a post-fader send was assigned to a sidechain input.
- Opening and closing Clip Properties dialog sometimes changed clip length.
- Reverting clips to original time stamp sometimes failed after original clip was split.
- Cropping audio and MIDI clips that are at time 0 sometimes caused the clip's contents to shift in time.
- Intermittent audio stuttering, aka "motorboating", during playback with certain audio hardware and system configurations is corrected.
- Freezing a synth sometimes caused bus automation to be ignored.
- Sysex banks were never rendered to soft synths when exporting or bouncing a project containing sysex banks.
- Saving Cakewalk Bundle Files with mixed audio bit depths could fail when the total size exceeded 2GB if the individual audio files were under 2GB.
- In the Staff View, noteheads and the time ruler sometimes displayed incorrectly during playback.
- SONAR reported installation issues on some systems loaded with an OEM version of Microsoft Vista.
Piano Roll View:
- Painting new CCs in multi-track Piano Roll View sometimes caused CCs from other tracks in the PRV to be erased.
- When inserting a note on a hidden track, the track was not made visible.
- Lasso selecting notes and moving the selection offscreen caused original notes to become unselected.
- SONAR would sometimes crash when adding bus envelopes.
- Automation from synths in the Synth Rack could not be edited.
- Editing automation during playback was not always rendered immediately.
- Assigning a series of track inputs when an External Insert was in the project would sometimes cause SONAR to freeze.
- Did not retain mono routings.
- Failed to launch help when pressing F1.
- Current step display indicators sometimes got out of sync when editing patterns during playback.
- Track transpose (Key+/-) settings were ignored on input.
Plug-ins and Components:
- When dragging MIDI data from a V-Vocal pitch-to-MIDI operation, the new MIDI clip was not always created at the drop point.
- Paging through Z3TA+ patches sometimes caused a crash.
- Improvements made to match mode in PCR-30, PCR-300 and ACT MIDI Control Surface plug-ins.
- Send pre/post and enable buttons were not exposed to Control Surfaces.
- SONAR did not refresh preset lists when requested by VST plug-ins.
Third Party Issues:
- Inserting Korg LegacyCell or Steinberg Hypersonic would crash SONAR.
- Bounced tracks that contained VST plug-ins requiring delay compensation would sometimes include artifacts from extra buffers.
- V-Station PowerCore was disabled upon inserting into SONAR.
- UAD-1 displayed an Err=30 message when changing audio driver buffer size.