13th March 2009
Cakewalk has updated SONAR 8 Producer and SONAR 8 Studio to v8.3.1. The following list of changes appears to be the same as the v8.3 update so I assume v8.3.1 includes miscellaneous fixes and enhancements.
Issues Resolved in SONAR 8.3.1
- External Inserts:
- The External Insert ping test now returns consistent delay offset values.
- Audio now stays in sync with multiple External Inserts in a project.
- Scrub now works with External Inserts in a project.
- Deleting and External Insert during playback no longer causes a crash.
- Using an External Insert on a track containing Groove Clips no longer causes a crash.
- Improved stability when changing driver type from ASIO to WDM with a project opened that includes External Inserts.
- Automating External Insert parameters no longer causes crashes.
- External Insert now displays delay offset value when used in a bus.
- Instrument Tracks:
- Dragging & dropping clips to/from Instrument Tracks sometimes resulted in clips disappearing.
- Improved stability when archiving, deleting, inserting (as well as undo) instrument tracks or tracks routed to sidechain inputs.
- Moving clips to snap points sometimes did not align properly.
- With Aim Assist on, Move-By didn't work properly when dragging the end of a clip.
- SONAR sometimes crashed when saving/loading presets from VST plug-ins.
- It is now possible to use the Insert Send Assistant to create pre-fader sends without patching an effect.
- Improved stability when hiding strips in the Console View.
- Audio would sometimes drop out during realtime bouncing and exporting.
- Improved performance and reliability when using dynamic arm feature.
- User defined ACT MIDI Controller presets did not always appear in the plug-in preset list.
- SONAR now correctly reports on and fully utilizes odd-core CPUs (3-core, for example).
- V-Vocal Mute/Solo controls sometimes affected the wrong track in projects containing instrument tracks.
- Improved support for opening Type 1 MIDI files in SONAR x64.
New Features in SONAR 8.3.1:
- Live input plug-in delay compensation (PDC) override:
- Delay compensation can now be disabled on live tracks during playback/recording to reduce latency.
- Multiprocessor load balancing:
- SONAR's audio engine has enhanced multicore performance and load balancing.
- The CPU meter in the status bar now shows all average with peak for all available processors.
- Aim Assist enhancements:
- When Snap to Grid is enabled, the Aim Assist line follows the current Snap to Grid setting.
- New behavior when selecting and moving a clip with the Select Tool:
- Click the front/left portion of a clip - The Aim Assist line snaps to the the start of the clip boundary and travels with the clip as it is dragged.
- Click the rear/right portion of a clip - The Aim Assist line snaps to the end of the clip boundary and snap operates on the clip's end.
- Snap to Grid enhancements:
- You can save and recall Snap to Grid presets and specify snap landmarks should be obtained from all visible tracks or only the current track.
- Dynamic Arm enhancement:
- 'Only For Inputs In Project' option instructs SONAR to only open hardware input ports that are currently active in the project, reducing CPU overhead when the 'Allow Arm Changes During Playback/Record' is enabled in the Transport | Record Options dialog.
- External insert enhancements:
- Improved sync when mixing external hardware with other plug-ins that require delay compensation.
- Improved sync while looping.
- Multiple external inserts can be used in the same project.
- Improved stability on computers with multiple cores/processors.
- Global effects bypass:
- SONAR now allows you to globally bypass all audio effects in a project, only tracks, only buses or only clip effects.
- Split clip group enhancement:
- SONAR can automatically create a new clip group when splitting clips in an existing clip group.
- New Split clip options:
- Left portion (default) - Only the left portion is selected after a split.
- Right portion - Only the right portion is selected after a split.
- Both portions - Both left and right portions are selected after a split.
- None - Neither portion is selected after a split.
- Notification when track/bus outputs are assigned to silent output:
- If there is a discrepancy between the port assignments that were saved and the ports that are used in the current configuration, the ports are set to "None" and the Silent Busses Detected dialog warns the user.
- Guitar Rig 3.2.1 LE enhancements (SONAR 8.3 Producer Edition only):
- Vista 64-bit support.
- New Bass Pro amp.
- New Stomp Compressor.
- MIDI input filter in the Preferences tab.
- Improved performance.
- TruePianos Vista x64 support (SONAR 8.3 Producer only):
- The TruePianos Amber Module VSTi plug-in now supports Vista 64-bit.
- Classic sounds for Dimension Pro and Dimension LE:
- Original samples from the legendary Roland SH-101, TB-303, and VP-330.
- Classic sounds of the Arp Odyssey, Minimoog and Sequential Circuit's Prophet 5.
- Classic drum kits for Session Drummer 2:
- Original samples from the class Roland TR-707, TR-727, TR-808, and TR-909.
- Kits from Sequential Circuit's Drumtrak's and Linn Electronics LinnDrum.
16 Apr 2014 Cakewalk Offers Discounted Upgrades to SONAR X3
20 Mar 2014 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3e Update
12 Mar 2014 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X3e Update
21 Feb 2014 Cakewalk releases Z3TA+ for iOS
05 Jan 2014 Cakewalk SONAR X3 now available on Steam
18 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases Free SONAR X3d Update
02 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases ScratchPad for iPad
31 Oct 2013 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3c Update
22 Oct 2013 Cakewalk announces SONAR X3c Update
19 Sep 2013 Cakewalk seeks to hire Plug-in Developer
18 Jun 2013 Cakewalk Z3ta+ 2 Promo: 30% Off
14 Oct 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v188.8.131.52
24 Jul 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v184.108.40.206
13 May 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v220.127.116.11
02 Dec 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v18.104.22.168
09 Sep 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v22.214.171.124
17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt
21 Mar 2012 Roland unveils Jupiter-50 Synthesizer
22 Aug 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v126.96.36.199
05 Aug 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v188.8.131.52
25 Jul 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v184.108.40.206