21st February 2010
Cakewalk has updated SONAR 8.5 Producer and SONAR 8.5 Studio to v8.5.3.
- Tempo Detection:
- Improved tempo detection algorithm.
- Added strength indicator to average tempo candidates.
- Added option to set clip tempo to original project tempo.
- Clip Tempo Maps:
- Average tempo updates while editing the tempo map.
- Anchored beat markers lock measure/beat markers to transients.
- Automatic beat marker remapping while editing tempo map.
- Average Tempo picker on Palette to change multiple clips at a time.
- Improved behavior for split clips.
- New resolution settings to set tempo changes on every beat, measure or clip.
- Auto stretch mode added to Clip Follows Project command, emulates AudioSnap1 auto-stretch behavior.
- New Extract Groove and Apply Groove buttons to match the groove of one clip to another.
- Snap Settings can now be used to snap both audio and MIDI events to audio transients in selected tracks.
- Improved stability.
- Improved rendering:
- Render Mode "Apples to" set to "Tracks" did not always apply to all clips on a track.
- Bouncing using Radius Mix sometimes flat-lined clips.
- Clip Follows Project:
- Is now undo-able.
- Toggling sometimes modified slip edits.
- Clip Tempo Map ruler sometimes stayed on after disabling AudioSnap.
- Addresses various graphical behaviors with transient markers, Clip Tempo Maps and AudioSnap Palette button states.
- Show Pool Lines setting was not persisted in project files.
- Arpeggiator sometimes stopped working after a bounce or freeze operation.
- BitBridge servers defaulted to 1 after VST scan.
- SONAR would sometimes crash when accessing a Windows 7 Homegroup from the Media Browser.
- Improved stability when switching driver modes.