Chicken Systems has announced the release of Translator for Mac OS X Universal Binary version 5.9. This is included in Translator Pro, which is a cross-platform Universal Binary Mac- and Windows-compatible Universal Instrument Convertor and Sampler Tool.
Version 5.9 is a vast improvement over the older version 1.5, as it offers Intel-Mac support, much faster and streamlined operation and a vastly expanded format list. This Universal Binary version has been in the works for over 3 years.
Translator Mac OS X can translate practically every professional format, from Giga3/GigaStudio, EXS24, Kontakt, Reason NN-XT, SFZ, SoundFont, SampleCell, Kurzweil, Ensoniq, Akai, Emu, Roland and many more. This enables musicians to use practically any sound for their sampler, no matter what format it is in.
The current destination list includes EXS24, Kontakt, Structure, Independence, HALion, Reason NN-XT, SampleTank, SFZ, Roland MV8000 and Fantom, Alesis Fusion, Korg Triton, and Battery 1. More formats are coming in September along with many of the ancillary features from Translator Windows such as "Fix References".
Translator Mac 5.9 introduces multiple docking windows for optimum use of screen space. Also included is the new "SimpleTranslation" feature where you simply drag a source file on the application Icon and Translator automatically translates into your preferred format and location.
Translator Windows has also been updated to version 2.9, Build 116. This includes support for some unique kinds of EmulatorX banks, more MPC3000 support, plus assorted maintenance fixes.
Translator Mac also makes its appearance in Special Editions; upgrading previous editions and also making their first appearance. Titles include EXS24 Edition, NI Edition, Structure Edition, Independence Edition, Cakewalk Edition (for SFZ), and several more.
Translator Mac OS X Features:
- Converts a large and wide variety of formats.
- Reads most proprietary CDs (Akai, Roland, Emu, etc.).
- Supports Virtual Drives and Disk Images.
- High quality accurate conversions; based on over 10 years of research and development.
- SimpleTranslation feature; drag your file to the Translator icon and instantly convert your file(s).
- Easy-to-view two-pane Interface, including full drag-and-drop and contextual menu support.
- Dockable windows to take advantage of screen space and dual monitors.
- Real-time auditioning with wave display and included audio-streaming playback engine.
- Universal Binary Mac OS X (including Leopard) compatible.
Price & Availability
For a limited time, Chicken Systems (through their retail arm SamplerZone.com) is making Translator Pro 33% off at $99.95, to kick off this major announcement (the list price is $149.95). Current Translator users can update their version of Translator at no charge.
More information on the features of Translator Pro and a demo version are available here.